Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What am I doing wrong with this external sd card???

Ok, I have about 1500+ itunes songs I'm trying to transfer to the 64GB ext sd card. Whenever I transfer them, theres always about 640 songs (out of the 1500+ songs) that goes to this Unknown artist folder that I never even created and they wont even play because the music player cant play that file type. All of the songs are mp3. No DRM files at all. Whats up with this???? But if I transfer those same songs to the phones memory, everything transfers perfectly. I dont want to do this because phone's memory is only 16GB and the songs will take a big chunk of that, plus i want to add more songs in the future. Am I doing something wrong??

Default Re: What am I doing wrong with this external sd card???

Not sure, but for the artist problem, you would probably have to manually list the artist in itunes, common error when your torrent it it shows the band/name in the name spot and no artist. Hence it makes a new folder as its probably trying to sort out the music. For music playing wise it could be only opening the folder the majority is in and you might have to choose the group to play / music folder if thats possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova110 View Post
    All of the songs are mp3. But if I transfer those same songs to the phones memory, everything transfers perfectly.
    Because this isn't occurring for ALL your songs, have you tried putting them on your phone's internal memory. Then putting them on the external storage from there? That would be incredibly time consuming for 640 songs, of course. Or maybe even doing the transfers in smaller portions and trying them out that way? I've never had this happen when transferring songs to my phone before.

Also, I'm not using the stock music player. I'm using Android Music Player by JRTStudio (just to be able to use a 3rd party equalizer). But that shouldn't matter if, like you said, the files are all .mp3

Now, I have had a little warning pop-up when moving movies or tv episodes saying that my phone may not be able to play the file type back and asking if I wanted to convert the file. But I always choose not to and my Note 2 plays them just fine anyway.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    Because this isn't occurring for ALL your songs, have you tried putting them on your phone's internal memory. Then putting them on the external storage from there?
    I'll try that out.