Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdub1981
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default problem with my new micro sd card. please help!

Hey guys so I received my Samsung 64gb class 10 micro sd card yesterday. It says on the package that the read speed is up to 70mb/s and write speed is up to 20mb/s. I tried to use sd tools app but it says error writing buffer. So I used the ututu app to read it. First go it showed read:40mb/s and write:15+mb/s (cant exactly remember) I used that h2w... software top teddy for fake and it gave a good reading and it didn't say the cats was defective. The ututut app gives me a reading of:30mb/s and write:13mb/s. I have put 44 songs on it and did format it after I ran the h2... software so it would show blank. But the reason I bought the Samsung micro sd was because it's speed. Do you his think this is right? Or what should I do? I'm not too good with computers in terms of knowing about memory cards. P.s. It does show the total memory available to be at 58.56gb. Please help! Thanks

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: problem with my new micro sd card. please help!

I dont believe you will ever see the full read/write speeds. Your available memory is right. And your read write speeds are the same as my sandisk 64 class 10 uhs.

Sent via Tapatalk

The published max speeds of the card do not necessarily indicate what speed they'll run at in your device. If you hooked it to some sort of supercomputer the card would be able to do that.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    The published max speeds of the card do not necessarily indicate what speed they'll run at in your device. If you hooked it to some sort of supercomputer the card would be able to do that.
    Yes these are published numbers for maximum theoretical speeds. These numbers really exist in the factory. Yes these cards probably can write that fast but only in very specific conditions.

Mine is fast enough for me. It could be worse. My father bought a cheap 16gbvcard on eBay that is so slow I could completely fill my 64 in the time it takes to fill his 16.

Sent via Tapatalk
    TheOtherBill likes this.