Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ItsaRaid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Selling my galaxy note 2 !!! (why?)

well i had to make a decision and im gonna sell my note 2. dont get me wrong. the phone is flawless and has no downsides except for the inability to use with one hand even though i have big hands. its probably the best phone ive ever used and i switched from an iphone 5. the battery life is incredible and the ui is smooth and looks good.

so why am i selling? its just not for me. im a blackberry guy and im to used to a physical keyboard. i tried my best to switch to full touch and couldnt do it. thats not the note 2`s fault or androids fault.

im just writing this so that anyone considering getting a note 2 or switching from an iphone 5 im telling you not to hesistate. i have no regrets coming over from iphone 5. note 2 pretty much makes it look like a piece of garbage.

Default Re: Selling my galaxy note 2 !!! (why?)

How long has it been? As a former BB user and lover of the physical keyboard, it did not take very long for me to adapt to the touch keyboards.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

like 4 days. but i can tell its just not for me. its still an amazing phone though

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbroadcast View Post
    like 4 days. but i can tell its just not for me. its still an amazing phone though
    Will trade you a OneX for your note2
    bwil18 likes this.

I had a really hard time coming from the physical keyboards to full touch screen phones as well. But I've found the easiest, fastest way to type on the Note 2 is Swyping with the S Pen. And, if you're paying attention, it's also the most accurate. You said it's only been four days; why not try the Swype method for a couple of days and if you still can't stand a full touch screen phone, then sell it and hopefully you find a phone with a physical keyboard that suits your personal preferences.

There are other keyboards you can try. I so much prefer touchscreen over BB. But its personal preference. Sorry

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    crxx 

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    I had a really hard time coming from the physical keyboards to full touch screen phones as well. But I've found the easiest, fastest way to type on the Note 2 is Swyping with the S Pen. And, if you're paying attention, it's also the most accurate. You said it's only been four days; why not try the Swype method for a couple of days and if you still can't stand a full touch screen phone, then sell it and hopefully you find a phone with a physical keyboard that suits your personal preferences.
    Also downloading Swype Beta, it is much more accurate that the Swype that comes on the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I was a big physical keyboard guy too but after a month or so I decided it was much easier on a touch screen its an adjustment that 4 days will not fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I'm glad you posted this here. It's a good reminder to us that Android isn't for everyone. There's nothing wrong with that. At least you have it a shot and see is not for you. Good luck with your future devices, and if you find your way back to Android, we will be here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

good luck in finding something that's right for you. nice timing though, blackberry has a couple of new devices to check out...

i will buy it if you are still trying to sell it!

I have a great idea for you..portable keyboard... then youve got the best of both worlds.
    Coldfustion just did a you tube on acceseories for the note 2. Did it with a apple wireless keyboard and mouse. It was awesome.
    I came from a Blackberry 9700, it had problems. Rim gave me a screwing.. do you remember the scandal with forcing carriersto sell phones with known issues? 8 f9rg9t the term they used. I also thought I could never ever do without a physical keyboard.
    It took a couple weeks to really get the hang and now I love the Note 2.
    HONESTLY, if Rim offeree me a solid gold with studded diamonds Z10 for my Note2 I woulld tell them to stick it.
    Give it a couple more days...My Note2 Loves me..give your Note 2 a better chance. Who said you cant teach an old dog new tricks?

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

agree. rim is going down the tubes anyway, 3 million subscribers lost!!! i was a bb user all the way to the 9800. but at upgrade thou ght hard about development, customization, and function
    ality, and well, bb just doesnt have it. it is true that thier email platform is second to none, but ti wasnt enough. now im adroid 4 life. think about the development . rim is so far behind it would take apple and adroidmstopping all development for two years just for rim to become only 2 years behind (made sense in my head) i loved my bold with it huge keyboard. but..... i guess it comes down to choice and what you will be using the phone for.

My first and only smartphones were BlackBerry's with a keyboard. I kept saying that I will never leave BB and never use an all touch phone. About 5 weeks ago one of the keys broke off my 9900 and I ordered a new keyboard and wound up breaking the phone installing it. I was with TMO over 5 years and I was still under contract and they refused to help me in any way. I left and went on my wife's AT&T account and tried the HTC OneX+ at first. After about 10 days I decided to go with the Note 2.

The only time I find it too big for one hand use is when I'm in the car and shouldn't be using it anyway. I don't miss the BB keyboard at all.

The biggest plus for me over BB are the apps. I find myself doing so much more now.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    Thanked by:

Gosh I haven't used a phone with a keyboard since 2008. That was a blackberry pearl, my first and only blackberry. After that I got an iPhone 3 and haven't looked back since. I think I took to touch screens quite easily but I guess some people will find it much harder. I like swype but I think swift key is actually better. You can try it as a free trial before you have to buy it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central Forums

Btw the company is not called RIM anymore, it's blackberry officially

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    Btw the company is not called RIM anymore, it's blackberry officially

Actually, the official/legal name still is Research In Motion, Ltd. The company adopted "BlackBerry" as its fictitious or "doing business as" name. In other words, there is no "BlackBerry, Ltd."

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Actually, the official/legal name still is Research In Motion, Ltd. The company adopted "BlackBerry" as its fictitious or "doing business as" name. In other words, there is no "BlackBerry, Ltd."
    In terms of stock, they changed their call to BBRY instead of RIM

I'm thinking of selling mine too along with a 64gb microcard, 2 extra batteries, and an external charger. Have to go back to iPhone because of apps I need for work.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

How much for the batteries and charger pm me