Youtube app non-stop buffering on WiFi

eyepaint2

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have att note 2 with stock rom but rooted. I was having issues with old router at the house so i bought new netgear dual band router. And I have comcast cable with about 22 meg down and 6 meg up so this should be enough to play hd on a phone.

My issue is when i play a youtube vid thats hd it plays for 10 seconds then buffers like the bandwidth isnt enough. My note 1 played these vids in hd no problem. Wifes gs3 plays them no prob. My friend has gn2 also and has the same issue with buffering. However when i kill all recent apps and clear ram and then restart phone it will play the vid easily with no buffering. Then a couple vids later it starts not loading fast enough again. I also have app cashe cleaner that i use about once a week to clear the cash of all apps.

It seems like this happened after one of the last major re-design updates.

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem or a solution?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have att note 2 with stock rom but rooted. I was having issues with old router at the house so i bought new netgear dual band router. And I have comcast cable with about 22 meg down and 6 meg up so this should be enough to play hd on a phone.

My issue is when i play a youtube vid thats hd it plays for 10 seconds then buffers like the bandwidth isnt enough. My note 1 played these vids in hd no problem. Wifes gs3 plays them no prob. My friend has gn2 also and has the same issue with buffering. However when i kill all recent apps and clear ram and then restart phone it will play the vid easily with no buffering. Then a couple vids later it starts not loading fast enough again. I also have app cashe cleaner that i use about once a week to clear the cash of all apps.

It seems like this happened after one of the last major re-design updates.

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem or a solution?

I think it has something to do with the 4.1.2 update. I have the same exact issue. I purchased a new Asus AC66U router but havent installed it yet.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Count me too. Also happens with "tune in radio pro", but the tune in was since day one. I even exchanged the phone because of that but this one is no different.

My daughter has the s3 and same issue. Mine is stock 4.1.2 and hers is also stock but ics.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited by a moderator:

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
same here. i'm trying to figure it out and will post something if I can get a solution.

welcome to android i guess.

missbonniec2010

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my GN2 for about 2 weeks now. Tonight I noticed the buffering issue while on you tube. Wondering if the number of apps open could effect the speed. Any thoughts?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
i'm curious everyone, what speed are you getting when you run the speedtest app?

does turning wifi off then on again solve the problem (albeit temporarily)?

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
i'm curious everyone, what speed are you getting when you run the speedtest app?

does turning wifi off then on again solve the problem (albeit temporarily)?

Im having the same issue after the update.... I have pretty fast internet... I get about 22mb down and 10up so I dont think ts my wifi...

I tried closing all my apps and freeing up ram and still doing that... it gets kinda annoying having to buffer every 10 seconds... I just turn off my wifi and use lte and have no issues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's only on your phone?
I've been having problems with youtube for a couple weeks, and it's the same symptoms on my PC. If I watch my network activity indicator (on the PC), it shows I'm not receiving anything from youtube - almost as if it stopped sending. Refreshing the page usually helps but it means starting the vid over.

Manuel La Bor

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Im not sure if this is the case here, but while streaming/buffering video on pc all that buffer loads directly to your ram and hdd cache. If this is the same thing then you have to keep your ram as free as possible. Hd vids eat up hundreds of Mbs per video so that could be it.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same issue after the update.... I have pretty fast internet... I get about 22mb down and 10up so I dont think ts my wifi...

I tried closing all my apps and freeing up ram and still doing that... it gets kinda annoying having to buffer every 10 seconds... I just turn off my wifi and use lte and have no issues...

Do you have at&t smart wifi disabled?

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I too am noticing it's only when I am on WIFI.......I tested several videos on both Wifi and 4g, Everytime, the wifi buffered several times, where as the 4g may buffer only once, if that much.....?

AT&T smart wifi has been uninstalled prior to the testing.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Ive got the same problem as well. After the You Tube update, Im bufferring like crazy on wifi. Its not doing that on LTE. (Same Item playing)

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
FYI...just ran the Flight Trailer both wifi and LTE. The LTE connect was flawless. The wifi connect buffered 11 times.
This buffering issue became a pain with the install of the 4.1.2 upgrade. This really is a bunch of crap. Samsung stated AT&T released a maintenance upgrade for wifi just prior to the 4.1.2 upgrade to fix several wifi issues.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been watching this somewhat closely, and am starting to believe that its something to do with You Tube itself. I have been on You Tube today many times and to my surprise there has been no buffering at all. (almost to good to believe for a change)

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I dont know if anyone believes in the Supernatural, Ghosts or Goblins....but someone changed something because....
You Tube is playing Flawlessly on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2....no buffering of any kind Landscape...HD modes..
Very Happy SGH 1317

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781