Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Google Now issue

    Hello, I'm experiencing an issue on my Note 2 when I bring up Google Now I can't access the settings for the app itself they flicker really quick and disappear immediately. It works fine on my N7 so I'm thinking it's just Note 2. I'm not sure if this error was prior to the update today (13 Feb) or not because I never checked it prior. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've searched the forums didn't see anything reported on this. Any thoughts or fixes?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    I am having the same issue on my note 2 after upgrading manually this morning to the latest Google Now version. Settings menu opens for half a sec and closes.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Quote Originally Posted by bastien#WN View Post
    I am having the same issue on my note 2 after upgrading manually this morning to the latest Google Now version. Settings menu opens for half a sec and closes.
    Same with me. I have read that reverting back to an old version and then turning off hotword detection then updating the app works but I actually use the hotword detection.
  4. #4  
    aaronbuescher's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JellyBean

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    works fine on my phone, sorry to hear!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    How can I report this bug? Who would it go to Samsung or Google?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Same problem here.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Quote Originally Posted by jjt981 View Post
    Same with me. I have read that reverting back to an old version and then turning off hotword detection then updating the app works but I actually use the hotword detection.
    I turned off "hot word" and set the search to come up when I double click the home button.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Go to applications, ALL, click on "Google Search" open it, click on "uninstall updates" open it, don't set up anything, go to settings, uncheck hot word, then update Google Search and menu button will work after that.

    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    Thanked by 2:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Thank you all. This helps. You still can't get Hotword back after you do this without the same thing happening. I reported it through the app. Hope they fix it.
    Elly44
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Elly44 View Post
    Thank you all. This helps. You still can't get Hotword back after you do this without the same thing happening. I reported it through the app. Hope they fix it.
    Elly44
    Any reason you are using hot word detection? I have mine set so the Google Now search and all dictation set to work like S-Voice, double clicking the home button.

    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
  11. #11  
    no1
    no1 is offline
    no1's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    When I uninstall the update and open Google Now, the settings button no longer opens the menu at all.

    After a little more digging, I found that this is under the settings menu launched from the home screen, not Google Now settings.

    Thanks for the fix!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Quote Originally Posted by no1 View Post
    When I uninstall the update and open Google Now, the settings button no longer opens the menu at all.

    After a little more digging, I found that this is under the settings menu launched from the home screen, not Google Now settings.

    Thanks for the fix!
    Well that is odd..when you have Google Now open, you should be able to tap the menu button and bring up the pop up menu, with other options, including settings. Here is the screenshot of it.



    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Now issue-uploadfromtaptalk1361017670095.jpg  
  13. #13  
    no1
    no1 is offline
    no1's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Well that is odd..when you have Google Now open, you should be able to tap the menu button and bring up the pop up menu, with other options, including settings. Here is the screenshot of it.



    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

    What I found was that the Google Now menu was not present in the stock version on my device. It is present in this update (after the fix) and was present in a previous update.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    The update roll back worked! Thanks hopefully they'll update with a fix soon so it works as intended.

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Also after you fix this, I would suggest, everyone click the menu button, choose "send feedback" and report to Google "the pop up menu only flashes on after the update unless hot word detection I'd unchecked". They won't correct it if not reported by enough.

    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Another easy way to use the latest Google now with hot words is to covert it to a user app with titanium backup.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    One workaround is to click on the weather card. The Google Now menu is then accessible from that page.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Google Now issue

    Easiest workaround: tap the search bar before summoning the menu. Then it works fine.

    Apparently the problem is that the words "or say Google" in the search bar refresh themselves immediately after the menu appears, and the menu goes away when the refresh occurs. Tapping the search bar makes those words vanish, so they don't refresh when the menu appears. (That's also why the problem only occurs when hotword detection is enabled.)

Similar Threads

  1. Google Now issues with notification of travel time
    By ashakouri1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
  2. Google Now voice search firewall issue?
    By bryanlakatos in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
  3. Google Now issue
    By diablo0813 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 08:35 PM
  4. Google Now Issues
    By amg137 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  5. Google now issue
    By mlbyanks11 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

B