Google Now issue

okanobi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm experiencing an issue on my Note 2 when I bring up Google Now I can't access the settings for the app itself they flicker really quick and disappear immediately. It works fine on my N7 so I'm thinking it's just Note 2. I'm not sure if this error was prior to the update today (13 Feb) or not because I never checked it prior. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've searched the forums didn't see anything reported on this. Any thoughts or fixes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bastien#WN

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my note 2 after upgrading manually this morning to the latest Google Now version. Settings menu opens for half a sec and closes.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my note 2 after upgrading manually this morning to the latest Google Now version. Settings menu opens for half a sec and closes.
Same with me. I have read that reverting back to an old version and then turning off hotword detection then updating the app works but I actually use the hotword detection.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. I have read that reverting back to an old version and then turning off hotword detection then updating the app works but I actually use the hotword detection.

I turned off "hot word" and set the search to come up when I double click the home button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to applications, ALL, click on "Google Search" open it, click on "uninstall updates" open it, don't set up anything, go to settings, uncheck hot word, then update Google Search and menu button will work after that.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all. This helps. You still can't get Hotword back after you do this without the same thing happening. I reported it through the app. Hope they fix it.
Elly44

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all. This helps. You still can't get Hotword back after you do this without the same thing happening. I reported it through the app. Hope they fix it.
Elly44

Any reason you are using hot word detection? I have mine set so the Google Now search and all dictation set to work like S-Voice, double clicking the home button.

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
When I uninstall the update and open Google Now, the settings button no longer opens the menu at all.

After a little more digging, I found that this is under the settings menu launched from the home screen, not Google Now settings.

Thanks for the fix!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When I uninstall the update and open Google Now, the settings button no longer opens the menu at all.

After a little more digging, I found that this is under the settings menu launched from the home screen, not Google Now settings.

Thanks for the fix!

Well that is odd..when you have Google Now open, you should be able to tap the menu button and bring up the pop up menu, with other options, including settings. Here is the screenshot of it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361017670095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361017670095.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 124

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well that is odd..when you have Google Now open, you should be able to tap the menu button and bring up the pop up menu, with other options, including settings. Here is the screenshot of it.

What I found was that the Google Now menu was not present in the stock version on my device. It is present in this update (after the fix) and was present in a previous update.

okanobi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The update roll back worked! Thanks hopefully they'll update with a fix soon so it works as intended.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also after you fix this, I would suggest, everyone click the menu button, choose "send feedback" and report to Google "the pop up menu only flashes on after the update unless hot word detection I'd unchecked". They won't correct it if not reported by enough.

vagelis

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Another easy way to use the latest Google now with hot words is to covert it to a user app with titanium backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Easiest workaround: tap the search bar before summoning the menu. Then it works fine.

Apparently the problem is that the words "or say Google" in the search bar refresh themselves immediately after the menu appears, and the menu goes away when the refresh occurs. Tapping the search bar makes those words vanish, so they don't refresh when the menu appears. (That's also why the problem only occurs when hotword detection is enabled.)