Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: New Att update Today

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    So I tried to check for new updates and I cant even check. I can click it, but nothing happens. Im using cleanrom se and rooted with odin.

Id like to fix the security hole and regain root access. I dont care if I lose the cleanrom...im new to android so any input is appreciated.

Sent from my Note 2, disregard any grammatical errors.
    You will not get ota updates once you flash a custom ROM. You will need to flash back to a stock ROM and then get the update. You should be able to find a stock ROM for you model. I think Scotts ROM website has them. Or just use the backup you made before flashing clean ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    You will not get ota updates once you flash a custom ROM. You will need to flash back to a stock ROM and then get the update. You should be able to find a stock ROM for you model. I think Scotts ROM website has them. Or just use the backup you made before flashing clean ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Ahhh...hmm, didn't know that. Wonder if people can get that security update via Kies also.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

I was worried that I wouldn't get mine because I am running Straight Talk on my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 so when I went into the settings menu and ran an update search I was relieved to see that the update was available for download.

I heard it will not allow you to update if your tooted

- - - Updated - - -

I heard it will not allow you to update if your tooted

Tooted? Hahaha

Usually when just rooted and still stock ROM and recovery, you will still get OTA updates from the carrier. Just when you flash a different ROM or have a custom recovery, you will not get the OTA or if you can download it it will fail on install.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Hearsay??? The new update so called security update. Was there a update included for wifi as well.?
    Is there a change log available

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    I was worried that I wouldn't get mine because I am running Straight Talk on my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 so when I went into the settings menu and ran an update search I was relieved to see that the update was available for download.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Hearsay??? The new update so called security update. Was there a update included for wifi as well.?
    No change log that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    AT&T says the update "includes a chipset security enhancement":

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Do you know if I used straight talk would the at&t note II use both at&t and verizon towers?
    The reason I ask is I dropped sprint and switched to AT&T and the new building I work in only verizon and sprint phones get signal. Sucks considering I paid $715 bucks to cancel Sprint.

I think straight talk uses just at&t towers.

If your N2 is rooted and is still running the stock ROM (without custom recovery's) you can get the updates ota. Doing this will unroot your phone, but you can just run through the rooting procedure again. I got my N2, rooted it as soon as I got home (running stock everything). Got the first major "multi-window" update, phone unrooted, rooted it again. Sunday night got the latest update, it unrooted my phone again. I rooted my phone.. again. So no biggie.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 02-18-2013 at 02:15 PM.

ROM
    IHO CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Do you know if I used straight talk would the at&t note II use both at&t and verizon towers?
    The reason I ask is I dropped sprint and switched to AT&T and the new building I work in only verizon and sprint phones get signal. Sucks considering I paid $715 bucks to cancel Sprint.

An at&t phone on a Straight Talk BYOP at&t sim will use at&t towers. To use Verizon towers, you must use a Straight Talk phone built to use the the Verizon network such as the Straight Talk branded iPhone and some of the android phones on their site.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Battery life seems the same before the update.

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

The CleanRom system settings remove the Samsung Updating capabilities. I had asked here and ScottsRoms during the last OTA, just to be sure.

Installed the update manually from a file I got from xda, after failing twice OTA. Installed fine from my sd card using stock recovery.

I noticed the bluetooth with my car is much improved. It worked before, but I could not use the car's bluetooth control to answer, dial etc. This morning after pairing, the system asked me to load my contacts and call logs and I was able to answer and dial from the car's controls.

It does indeed patch the exynos exploit. I tried to root using the exynos abuse exploit app and it did not allow root. Sweet! Have not noticed battery life yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

I installed this update and quickly noticed that my RAM usage increased. Even when I close all apps and task it is running around 800mb at the lowest and it used to run around 600. On average my phone is using 1.1gb of ram. The phone is so slow now. I tried uninstalling all aftermarket apps but the phone lags big time. Also screen rotation, opening apps, and unlocking is slow.

So far the update on my Note 2 to 4.3 has in fact helped improve battery life notably
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12