New Att update Today

Turb02

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
So I tried to check for new updates and I cant even check. I can click it, but nithing happens. Im using cleanrom se and rooted with odin.

Id like to fix the security hole and regain root access. I dont care if I lose the cleanrom...im new to android so any input is appreciated.

Sent from my Note 2, disregard any grammatical errors.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I tried to check for new updates and I cant even check. I can click it, but nithing happens. Im using cleanrom se and rooted with odin.

Id like to fix the security hole and regain root access. I dont care if I lose the cleanrom...im new to android so any input is appreciated.

Are you sure the AT&T software update wasn't disabled when you rooted?

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I could have done that...how would I go back in and change it?

I have no idea about root, I don't root. I know if I had disabled it, I would look under settings, applications, all. If disabled or not, it should be listed there and will say disabled beside it. If it's not listed at all, I would say it was probably deleted.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to check for new updates and I cant even check. I can click it, but nothing happens. Im using cleanrom se and rooted with odin.

You will not get ota updates once you flash a custom ROM. You will need to flash back to a stock ROM and then get the update. You should be able to find a stock ROM for you model. I think Scotts ROM website has them. Or just use the backup you made before flashing clean ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You will not get ota updates once you flash a custom ROM. You will need to flash back to a stock ROM and then get the update. You should be able to find a stock ROM for you model. I think Scotts ROM website has them. Or just use the backup you made before flashing clean ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ahhh...hmm, didn't know that. Wonder if people can get that security update via Kies also.

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I was worried that I wouldn't get mine because I am running Straight Talk on my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 so when I went into the settings menu and ran an update search I was relieved to see that the update was available for download.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I heard it will not allow you to update if your tooted

- - - Updated - - -

I heard it will not allow you to update if your tooted

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Usually when just rooted and still stock ROM and recovery, you will still get OTA updates from the carrier. Just when you flash a different ROM or have a custom recovery, you will not get the OTA or if you can download it it will fail on install.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hearsay??? The new update so called security update. Was there a update included for wifi as well.?
Is there a change log available

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was worried that I wouldn't get mine because I am running Straight Talk on my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 so when I went into the settings menu and ran an update search I was relieved to see that the update was available for download.

Do you know if I used straight talk would the at&t note II use both at&t and verizon towers?
The reason I ask is I dropped sprint and switched to AT&T and the new building I work in only verizon and sprint phones get signal. Sucks considering I paid $715 bucks to cancel Sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if I used straight talk would the at&t note II use both at&t and verizon towers?
The reason I ask is I dropped sprint and switched to AT&T and the new building I work in only verizon and sprint phones get signal. Sucks considering I paid $715 bucks to cancel Sprint.

I think straight talk uses just at&t towers.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
If your N2 is rooted and is still running the stock ROM (without custom recovery's) you can get the updates ota. Doing this will unroot your phone, but you can just run through the rooting procedure again. I got my N2, rooted it as soon as I got home (running stock everything). Got the first major "multi-window" update, phone unrooted, rooted it again. Sunday night got the latest update, it unrooted my phone again. I rooted my phone.. again. So no biggie.

Last edited:

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site

An at&t phone on a Straight Talk BYOP at&t sim will use at&t towers. To use Verizon towers, you must use a Straight Talk phone built to use the the Verizon network such as the Straight Talk branded iPhone and some of the android phones on their site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay