Galaxy Note 2 Screen Water Damage

Ike DeBlase Snapp

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
A small crack in my screen was exposed to water, which slowly began to turn parts of my screen blue and now the screen is completely black. To the best of my knowledge, the phone's operating system is working perfectly. It still vibrates when I get notifications. The problem is the screen has gone completely black, which renders the phone useless. Is there any way I can salvage my phone at this point? I'd rather not buy a new one, I just got it two month ago. Thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
First I would say open it up and put it in a bag of uncooked rice for a few days. Next, getting the screen replaced.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

eadgbe

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, sAMOLED screen's worst enemy is liquid! It is highly unlikely the uncooked rice treatment is going to fix it, however, it's worth a shot! If it's just a screen replacement Samsung Support has recently quoted users $179.00 with a 2 week turnaround time.

IEY MAN

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
hi .. i got the same prob .. but mine just got brighter .. the screen almost turn into completely white .. and then turn to black for a moment then it will start again .. brighter and brighter .. can someone help me ? can i just fix it like that ?