Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anyone experienced this symptom?

I was just on a 611 call to AT&T. When I'm given an audible option (for instance press one to continue) I can't press the number on the keypad because every time I try to press the digit the screen goes black. I've noticed this once before. I was just given option for keys 1 through 5 in the message and only 5 seemed to work. What the heck is going on here? No problem dialing numbers etc... Anyone know what this is all about? Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Has anyone experienced this symptom?

Update: Tried bumping up the display timeout value but that didn't help. This is very strange!

ROM
    IHO CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by eadgbe View Post
    I was just on a 611 call to AT&T. When I'm given an audible option (for instance press one to continue) I can't press the number on the keypad because every time I try to press the digit the screen goes black. I've noticed this once before. I was just given option for keys 1 through 5 in the message and only 5 seemed to work. What the heck is going on here? No problem dialing numbers etc... Anyone know what this is all about? Thanks.
    Try making sure you're typing the numbers with your palm towards the bottom of the screen (as far away from the proximity sensor as possible) and make sure none of your fingers or anything else gets near the proximity sensor. Good luck!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Looks like the issue went away once I did a software reset of the phone, and tried it outside of my apartment. Weird!

That has to with motion and the sensor. The phone thinks it is next to your ear.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Understood, will see if it happens again. For now, it's working fine.

Also has to do with the setting of making the screen go black while on a call. I've had it happen before, have to move my phone around when it does happen.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Thanked by:
    eadgbe