A Music Player like the iPhone Music App?

Peter7523

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I came from the iPhone, and the stock Android music players suck. Are there any 3rd party music player/manager apps out there that's comparable to the stock iPhone music app?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes and many many topics on these very forums discuss this already. Others want exactly what you want. I also came from an iphone actually Ive had 3 iphones and an ipad and prefer the stock android player to all of them. What features are you missing?

Sent via Tapatalk

Peter7523

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Just the basic ease of use... the Music app on iPhone is very easy to navigate around, well organized menu, segment by artists, album.. Easy to add songs to playlist and easy to see my different playlists.... Songs are in alphabetical order..

Maybe i just don't know how to use the stock Music Player app? Is there a tutorial?

Edit: I'm currently stuck inside the song screen with the cover album.. How do i get out so i can see my list of songs in alphabetical order?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock Samsung music app or Google play music? I recommend Google play music app if u are not using it already.

sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I appreciate the iPhone's music handling capabilities over everything else as well. As a matter of fact, I still use it as my workout device and cycle computer. That being said.... I have found that Rocket music player coupled with isyncr to be the least troublesome combo to use for those making the switch. I have significantly invested time and resources into iTunes and they are still the best place to buy music from. Isyncr allows you to continue to manage your library through iTunes.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes and many many topics on these very forums discuss this already. Others want exactly what you want. I also came from an iphone actually Ive had 3 iphones and an ipad and prefer the stock android player to all of them. What features are you missing?

Sent via Tapatalk
Well one huge difference is the ability to see the entire name of a song while it is playing as it doesn't scroll. It also doesn't look as clean as the iOS music app. Maybe it's all the colors.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never used the iPhone music player so I couldn't recommend anything that's similar to it. but I personally use PowerAmp. it's got a lot of themes to choose from and a nice equalizer.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I like stock the best... However I have Sense with HTC..

I haven't seen any 3rd party apps like the iPhone's... The iPhone music player is what S2P( slide 2 play) was copying back in the WinMo days... Same developer that made S2U2 made it...

Just because I haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist though... Theres tons of launchers with iPhone themes, I can't believe someone has copyied the media player to by now

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The reason I liked the iOS music player was for the same reasons as you. I found PowerAmp is the closest to bring me the iOS experience.

What I like about PowerAmp is you can sort by arist and then further sort by album. You can then have the album play on loop like you could in iOS. With the stock Samsung Music Player (not Google Music), you can't do this. While you can sort by artist and you can start playing a full album, once it reaches the last song it continues onto the next album. Unless I've missed the option, I don't see a way in stock that you can loop through the album unless you sort by the album and not first through the artist.

PowerAmp has a long trial period so you can give that a try to see if you like before purcahse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz