Is it the battery?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So I've been having trouble charging my phone recently. I'll plug it in and it will start charging for a few seconds and then just stop! Sometimes the screen will even flicker and it will make a weird sound. I'm like what the heck. So sometimes I can keep it charging long enough for full charge. But last night I had it charged fully at 5:30am and by 8am it was down to 85% with it just sitting there and no apps running. It never did that before. Is it the battery?? If so what's the best replacement that I should buy or where do I get one? Thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So I've been having trouble charging my phone recently. I'll plug it in and it will start charging for a few seconds and then just stop! Sometimes the screen will even flicker and it will make a weird sound. I'm like what the heck. So sometimes I can keep it charging long enough for full charge. But last night I had it charged fully at 5:30am and by 8am it was down to 85% with it just sitting there and no apps running. It never did that before. Is it the battery?? If so what's the best replacement that I should buy or where do I get one? Thanks

Are you using the charger that came with your gn2? Keep in mind that this is a 3 amp/hour battery and needs a good amount of current yo charge it. Depending on your launcher, apps, etc. you may not be even to charge it off your computer's usb port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you have 2 issues going on here, 1 with charging and the other with battery consumption.

Make sure you are using the OEM charger, you can change the cord and see if that helps. Sometimes the cord end will get damaged, if that doesn't help, try a different charger. Then try another battery.

On the battery consumption, check what is using the battery by going to Settings> Battery and see what is chewing through your battery. Also look at your recently installed apps, they could be the problem.
I have seen updates cause battery issues and have had to do a factory data reset to fix it. Before you do that, you can use Carbon backup to backup your app data.

Good luck on finding your problems.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. The main issue is not charging. I tried a different cord with no luck. I'll have to try another charger I guess then a battery. I'm just hoping it's not the charging port or hardware.

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Have ya tried cleaning out the charging port? I normally just use one of those thin plastic toothpicks, or a small piece of cardboard and compressed air to get any debris out.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Some of the guys on the other board like Anker batteries. They're on amazon.