Syncing Note 2 with Outlook 2013?

David2620

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have Outlook 2007 and GS3. I have been using Kies and found it flaky. It works for a while and then doesn't. Or it creates duplicate contacts, or duplicate birthdays, or appointments.
I have been using PDA.s since mid 90's with Palms and Personal PC, iPhone, Nokia, Sharp, Motorola - they all worked fine with various levels of Outlook.

Now Galaxy Siii. I have never come across flakier sync software for such an essential service. I have even looked at the Thunderbird, Lightning, Google Calendar stack as an alternative- but that means living in the cloud which I don't want to do, and switching from Outlook to T'ird - which I don't want to do.
At one stage I went back three levels of Kies ad resurrected it that way. I am now at the latest and still having problems.

Come on Samsung!!! It's about the software!!! Get real and get good!!! Or get out of the way!!
Or shall I tell you what I really think?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Another option is to use RDP or LogMeIn and remote in to your desktop and actually use Outlook. LogMeIn Free works well and their are a bunch of RDP clients for Android

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0

Attachments

• 1375183322952.jpg
    1375183322952.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 20

JPGueguen

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to use KIES with my recently acquired Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to sync Outlook 2010 contacts and calendar using cable connection and it works imperfectly. My large contact file of 3,800 contacts many with pictures, and calendar sync, and some data seems to be left behind. e.g. at the moment, a new contact in Outlook will sync on the phone except for the email address field; all other fields are ok.

I looked for a better solution, preferably Over The Air (OTA) and understand that KIES Air does not support Outlook sync today, and the many sync programs, some free, some paid, have mixed reviews. It seems that none stand out. Also the Microsoft store in Palo Alto was useless, as they informed me after trying to sync via Outlook.com that "pictures in contacts would be lost, and contacts with international phone numbers could not be sync'ed". They also said that Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010 work essentially the same in this regard and upgrading to Outlook 2013 would not help much.

I welcome any suggestion for a better solution.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
I welcome any suggestion for a better solution.

CompanionLink will handle synchronization of multiple email addresses, contact photos, and international phone numbers. You can choose from USB, WiFi, or a proprietary cloud sync format called DejaCloud. It works with both Outlook 2013 and 2010, both 32 and 64-bit versions.

Good luck!

timber008

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Samsung Kies since April with my Note 2, Windows 8 and Outlook 2013. I just recently updated to Windows 8.1, and when I synced my phone to update my calendar I ran into problems. There was an update for Kies that had to download which took quite a while. Once the update completed, synced my phone with Outlook. It seemed everything went fine. Today, I was on my computer and I have a LOT of missing data on my contacts in Outlook. I use my Outlook for sales contacts and put a great deal of notes on each of my contacts. It seems notes on several of my contacts have disappeared for about the last two months. Also, I had all my contacts categorized in Outlook according to the clients buying cycle and if it was a hot, warm, or cold lead. Those categories have disappeared. It did not happen to all of contacts, about 10%. It also seems to be the ones I've been in contact with recently. I don't know what to do. I have lost important sales information for certain clients and now I'm afraid to ever use Kies again or I might lose more info.

Rooster99

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I settled on VCOrganizer as a full PIM on my Nexus4, syncing it to Outlook on my desktop. Solid so far, and also syncs to Google People and Calendar in the background. Can't speak to how well it works on the Note, but the developer is really responsive.

- R.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle