Syncing Note 2 with Outlook 2013?

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone here using Outlook 2013 along with the Note 2? Are you able to sync with the current software?

DEADF15H

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Office/Outlook 2010 and looking for answers as well.
Really don't want to have to go back to Blackberry, but it's a critical point. Even my old Palm, from way back when, could sync Outlook.
There's an article on PC Magazine, that came out Feb of 2012, but nothing definitively works if your syncing locally with your own desktop. They do give some unproved options.
There's not even a workaround going through Google Contacts that I can find. Other than downloading a CSV file once a week.
Kies air came with my phone, but the forums I've checked say it stinks., it used to work, but the updates killed it. With over 2K in contacts, I don't want to deal with any major issues.
Please post if you find a suitable option.

UPDATE: Using the Kies Air 2.53.23043_14 (not the Lite version) with a Samsung data cable to the PC. Most aftermarket charging cables have issues.
Seems to work flawlessly with Outlook 2013, Outlook.com and Google Contacts. I also backup my installed applications as well.

Last edited:

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking into this too. I have been looking for a wireless (local wireless not cellular) mechanism. Most of the options there seem to be a cloud solution, that I don't want. I want a direct sync between my phone and my computer - wirelessly - ideally bluetooth. CompanionLink was one option, but I think it needs a physical USB connection.

The best option I found was one that is not yet available, but is expected to be available - Akruto Sync. Sync's over a wifi connection.

Haven't used either - this info is from research only.

Clcto

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't count on vaporware (Akruto) for performance or price. People tend to change pricing when they finish, and find the programmer's need to get paid.

Look for something on the market. If you data is valuable, it may be worthwhile to pay a small amount for a solution that works, particularly if you can use it in the future for your next phone or PC.

Waiting for the next phone is not a good option. Oddly, BlackBerry 10 does not include free Outlook 2010 sync, and neither does Windows Phone 8, but there are 3rd party solutions available for both new phones.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Samsung support and the current version of Kies will not do it but an update is coming.

UPDATE 03/14/2013: I just connected my phone to my PC and started KIES desktop app and setup to sync with Outlook 2013 and it worked without a hitch. Both contacts and calendar. Life is good!

Last edited:

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
What is the Kies desktop app and how do you use ut and configure it? Been waiting for simething like this. Seems Samsung native contacts doesn't transfer the Outook Categories.

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Windows 8 and Outlook 2013.I use GSync with Outlook and it Syncs with Google Calendar which Syncs with my Note. I use more than one calendar and they all Sync up fine with Windows 8 calendar, Outlook.com calendar, Google calendar, and Outlook 2013 calendar. Also syncs contacts and notes. Everything stays synced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

AC_P

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't count on vaporware (Akruto) for performance or price. People tend to change pricing when they finish, and find the programmer's need to get paid. Look for something on the market. If you data is valuable, it may be worthwhile to pay a small amount for a solution that works, particularly if you can use it in the future for your next phone or PC. Waiting for the next phone is not a good option. Oddly, BlackBerry 10 does not include free Outlook 2010 sync, and neither does Windows Phone 8, but there are 3rd party solutions available for both new phones.

I get the hesitation on new products, but I'll offer this...

- CompanionLink is great, if you don't mind the $49.95 fee. Got a solid platform and good support.

- Akruto is a WIFI sync, now beta testing their Android product and their Win8 product has been up and running for a while. (Akruto Sync | Own your data) I've used it on both devices and I'm using it daily on my RAZR M. It's rock solid in both platforms. Fast and accurate. They're very responsive and helpful. Their Win8 is $19.95 and the Android will probably be as well. Like these guys a lot.

- Mobisynapse - barely OK. Too many glitches. Tried it. No thanks.

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since the Google solution was EOL and does NOT seem to work on Win 8, I use Google calendar and Gsyncit, using the free version right now and it is keeping my calendar perfect. Don't use it for contacts so I can't attest to that. I will probably purchase Gsyncit, Using it on win 8 and outlook 2010, it is the cheapest and seems the simplest. For that reason I was missing my old 9700 until now!

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Samsung Kies. I use it and it works fine. ..and it's free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Beware gSyncit. It seems to work, but the evaluation copy loaded a boatload of spyware, adware and similar crapware onto my laptop.

Kevan 2010

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the latest update [2.5.3.13043_14] but it is not working yet. I got below prompt.

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the
messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail
client.
OK

although my default mail client is outlook but still the problems stands there.

IanJNB

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have read a thousand articles. Watched the Tutorial. Chosen ALL Calendars on my Note II and selected All Schedules in KIES. But still I cant see my Outlook appointments on my Note II not my Samsung Calendar appointments in my Outlook.

Outlook 2013. KIES version: 2.5.3.13043_14 (which KIES reports is the latest).

I do understand that one can only sync with a cable and KIES (not KIES Air) at the moment.

Help pleeez!

Rooster99

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I've revisited this issue and found the following PIMs that sync with Outlook. Still exploring, but here are my top 4 with a summary of my findings to date. I've disqualified others for various reasons related to my specific requirements :

- Pocket Informant (full featured PIM, only syncs using their PI on line system - I haven't tested the sync as I want USB sync)
- DejaOffice syncing using CompanionLink (full featured PIM, syncs using USB but getting odd results from the sync, with records lost and more but it maybe my fumbled installation so testing further)
- Android-sync (semi-full-featured PIM, syncs using USB, lots of positive reviews but have not fully tested the sync)
- VcOrganizer Pro (full featured PIM, syncs using USB, mixed reviews, haven't tested it but will)

I would test the h3ll out of any new PIM as they all handle conflicts differently, some not well, and recurring entries may/may not work. I've also had basic things like new Notes not be synced. You may also wish to consider if you want the data to be mirrored into the native Android Calendar/People apps so it is available for any other apps that use that data. This is a treacherous area to be in!

- R.