Syncing Note 2 with Outlook 2013?
01-24-2014 06:30 PM
- I'm using Office/Outlook 2010 and looking for answers as well.
Really don't want to have to go back to Blackberry, but it's a critical point. Even my old Palm, from way back when, could sync Outlook.
There's an article on PC Magazine, that came out Feb of 2012, but nothing definitively works if your syncing locally with your own desktop. They do give some unproved options.
There's not even a workaround going through Google Contacts that I can find. Other than downloading a CSV file once a week.
Kies air came with my phone, but the forums I've checked say it stinks., it used to work, but the updates killed it. With over 2K in contacts, I don't want to deal with any major issues.
Please post if you find a suitable option.
UPDATE: Using the Kies Air 2.53.23043_14 (not the Lite version) with a Samsung data cable to the PC. Most aftermarket charging cables have issues.
Seems to work flawlessly with Outlook 2013, Outlook.com and Google Contacts. I also backup my installed applications as well.03-07-2013 04:39 PM
- I have been looking into this too. I have been looking for a wireless (local wireless not cellular) mechanism. Most of the options there seem to be a cloud solution, that I don't want. I want a direct sync between my phone and my computer - wirelessly - ideally bluetooth. CompanionLink was one option, but I think it needs a physical USB connection.
The best option I found was one that is not yet available, but is expected to be available - Akruto Sync. Sync's over a wifi connection.
Haven't used either - this info is from research only.03-09-2013 05:04 PM
- I wouldn't count on vaporware (Akruto) for performance or price. People tend to change pricing when they finish, and find the programmer's need to get paid.
Look for something on the market. If you data is valuable, it may be worthwhile to pay a small amount for a solution that works, particularly if you can use it in the future for your next phone or PC.
Waiting for the next phone is not a good option. Oddly, BlackBerry 10 does not include free Outlook 2010 sync, and neither does Windows Phone 8, but there are 3rd party solutions available for both new phones.03-10-2013 02:29 PMLike 1
- I spoke with Samsung support and the current version of Kies will not do it but an update is coming.
UPDATE 03/14/2013: I just connected my phone to my PC and started KIES desktop app and setup to sync with Outlook 2013 and it worked without a hitch. Both contacts and calendar. Life is good!03-11-2013 07:27 PM
It's kind of like iTunes and provides you with a little bit of syncing options.03-16-2013 07:23 PM
- I have Windows 8 and Outlook 2013.I use GSync with Outlook and it Syncs with Google Calendar which Syncs with my Note. I use more than one calendar and they all Sync up fine with Windows 8 calendar, Outlook.com calendar, Google calendar, and Outlook 2013 calendar. Also syncs contacts and notes. Everything stays synced.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums03-30-2013 08:51 PMLike 1
- I wouldn't count on vaporware (Akruto) for performance or price. People tend to change pricing when they finish, and find the programmer's need to get paid. Look for something on the market. If you data is valuable, it may be worthwhile to pay a small amount for a solution that works, particularly if you can use it in the future for your next phone or PC. Waiting for the next phone is not a good option. Oddly, BlackBerry 10 does not include free Outlook 2010 sync, and neither does Windows Phone 8, but there are 3rd party solutions available for both new phones.
- CompanionLink is great, if you don't mind the $49.95 fee. Got a solid platform and good support.
- Akruto is a WIFI sync, now beta testing their Android product and their Win8 product has been up and running for a while. (Akruto Sync | Own your data) I've used it on both devices and I'm using it daily on my RAZR M. It's rock solid in both platforms. Fast and accurate. They're very responsive and helpful. Their Win8 is $19.95 and the Android will probably be as well. Like these guys a lot.
- Mobisynapse - barely OK. Too many glitches. Tried it. No thanks.04-18-2013 09:41 AM
- Since the Google solution was EOL and does NOT seem to work on Win 8, I use Google calendar and Gsyncit, using the free version right now and it is keeping my calendar perfect. Don't use it for contacts so I can't attest to that. I will probably purchase Gsyncit, Using it on win 8 and outlook 2010, it is the cheapest and seems the simplest. For that reason I was missing my old 9700 until now!04-18-2013 05:33 PM
- I got the latest update [126.96.36.19943_14] but it is not working yet. I got below prompt.
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the
messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail
although my default mail client is outlook but still the problems stands there.05-03-2013 12:56 AM
- I have read a thousand articles. Watched the Tutorial. Chosen ALL Calendars on my Note II and selected All Schedules in KIES. But still I cant see my Outlook appointments on my Note II not my Samsung Calendar appointments in my Outlook.
Outlook 2013. KIES version: 188.8.131.5243_14 (which KIES reports is the latest).
I do understand that one can only sync with a cable and KIES (not KIES Air) at the moment.
Help pleeez!05-14-2013 10:46 AM
- FWIW, I've revisited this issue and found the following PIMs that sync with Outlook. Still exploring, but here are my top 4 with a summary of my findings to date. I've disqualified others for various reasons related to my specific requirements :
- Pocket Informant (full featured PIM, only syncs using their PI on line system - I haven't tested the sync as I want USB sync)
- DejaOffice syncing using CompanionLink (full featured PIM, syncs using USB but getting odd results from the sync, with records lost and more but it maybe my fumbled installation so testing further)
- Android-sync (semi-full-featured PIM, syncs using USB, lots of positive reviews but have not fully tested the sync)
- VcOrganizer Pro (full featured PIM, syncs using USB, mixed reviews, haven't tested it but will)
I would test the h3ll out of any new PIM as they all handle conflicts differently, some not well, and recurring entries may/may not work. I've also had basic things like new Notes not be synced. You may also wish to consider if you want the data to be mirrored into the native Android Calendar/People apps so it is available for any other apps that use that data. This is a treacherous area to be in!
- R.05-16-2013 03:55 PM
- I have Outlook 2007 and GS3. I have been using Kies and found it flaky. It works for a while and then doesn't. Or it creates duplicate contacts, or duplicate birthdays, or appointments.
I have been using PDA.s since mid 90's with Palms and Personal PC, iPhone, Nokia, Sharp, Motorola - they all worked fine with various levels of Outlook.
Now Galaxy Siii. I have never come across flakier sync software for such an essential service. I have even looked at the Thunderbird, Lightning, Google Calendar stack as an alternative- but that means living in the cloud which I don't want to do, and switching from Outlook to T'ird - which I don't want to do.
At one stage I went back three levels of Kies ad resurrected it that way. I am now at the latest and still having problems.
Come on Samsung!!! It's about the software!!! Get real and get good!!! Or get out of the way!!
Or shall I tell you what I really think?07-30-2013 04:08 AM
- I am starting to use KIES with my recently acquired Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to sync Outlook 2010 contacts and calendar using cable connection and it works imperfectly. My large contact file of 3,800 contacts many with pictures, and calendar sync, and some data seems to be left behind. e.g. at the moment, a new contact in Outlook will sync on the phone except for the email address field; all other fields are ok.
I looked for a better solution, preferably Over The Air (OTA) and understand that KIES Air does not support Outlook sync today, and the many sync programs, some free, some paid, have mixed reviews. It seems that none stand out. Also the Microsoft store in Palo Alto was useless, as they informed me after trying to sync via Outlook.com that "pictures in contacts would be lost, and contacts with international phone numbers could not be sync'ed". They also said that Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010 work essentially the same in this regard and upgrading to Outlook 2013 would not help much.
I welcome any suggestion for a better solution.08-27-2013 01:31 PM
Good luck!08-28-2013 05:03 PM
- I have been using Samsung Kies since April with my Note 2, Windows 8 and Outlook 2013. I just recently updated to Windows 8.1, and when I synced my phone to update my calendar I ran into problems. There was an update for Kies that had to download which took quite a while. Once the update completed, synced my phone with Outlook. It seemed everything went fine. Today, I was on my computer and I have a LOT of missing data on my contacts in Outlook. I use my Outlook for sales contacts and put a great deal of notes on each of my contacts. It seems notes on several of my contacts have disappeared for about the last two months. Also, I had all my contacts categorized in Outlook according to the clients buying cycle and if it was a hot, warm, or cold lead. Those categories have disappeared. It did not happen to all of contacts, about 10%. It also seems to be the ones I've been in contact with recently. I don't know what to do. I have lost important sales information for certain clients and now I'm afraid to ever use Kies again or I might lose more info.11-25-2013 03:57 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2
Syncing Note 2 with Outlook 2013?
- By koalabear in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 18Last Post: 05-09-2011, 06:40 AM
- By jimcuviello in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2010, 08:41 AM
- By yahtzee in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-21-2010, 08:44 AM
- By tigerchant in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2010, 09:06 AM
- By COMOEd in forum HTC HeroReplies: 3Last Post: 11-24-2009, 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD