Im about to give up!!! FML!!!!

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I used go SMS pro and it was good. Only thing I had issues with was the double notification during group MMS. Did you experience this at all?

It takes a few seconds for go SMS pro to sort out the group texting. so what you do is when you get a group text, just wait a few seconds and then it will probably group them. As plano pointed out above, if this is not the issue, then make sure your stock messaging app is not notifying (it should've asked this when you switched to go sms pro though)

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It takes a few seconds for go SMS pro to sort out the group texting. so what you do is when you get a group text, just wait a few seconds and then it will probably group them. As plano pointed out above, if this is not the issue, then make sure your stock messaging app is not notifying (it should've asked this when you switched to go sms pro though)

It does automatically group it after a few seconds, its just a PITA getting two notifications when I do group MMS. Stock is completely disabled. If im texting with Person A and Person B, when Person A texts me in the group, itll first notify me individually, then notifies me again in the group.

So whenever they group MMS me, I get two notifications. Pain in the @ss

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
This is the correct apn for an LTE plan (the post before this one) This should work better for you. Let us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

It has definitely improved a lot but still not perfect. I guess its either my coverage(2-3 bars HSPA+) or Android just hasnt perfected group MMS yet. MMS's are still a little delayed, sporadically though, and sometimes when a person MMSs me, I see the notification, but no message. Only way I can retrieve the message is by sending one out to them and It then automatically comes in. Its weird but it must be my coverage or Android itself

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It does automatically group it after a few seconds, its just a PITA getting two notifications when I do group MMS. Stock is completely disabled. If im texting with Person A and Person B, when Person A texts me in the group, itll first notify me individually, then notifies me again in the group.

So whenever they group MMS me, I get two notifications. Pain in the @ss

just to make sure, when you go to settings (advanced screen) > receive settings > disable other message notification is checked right?
no notifications in settings > individual settings, right?

next, go to the stock messaging app and make sure you've enabled MMS auto-retrieve

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
This is the correct apn for an LTE plan (the post before this one) This should work better for you. Let us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Still getting issues with Group MMS. Though its better, some messages are still delayed. I had a few earlier today come 6(!) Hours late. I have no clue

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
just to make sure, when you go to settings (advanced screen) > receive settings > disable other message notification is checked right?
no notifications in settings > individual settings, right?

next, go to the stock messaging app and make sure you've enabled MMS auto-retrieve

Still getting two notifications. Both in Go SMS Pro. Stock is completely disabled. When we group text, when the sender sends me a message, I get two messages. One individually which says "download", it then downloads and I then get his message in the group chat. So whenever they send me a group text, I get two messages in Go SMS Pro. Very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38