Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bajanbox
  • 1 Post By Bajanbox
  • 1 Post By Trevor Barton
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Usage and high battery drain

Hey folks. Funny how problems often bring the first post.

I have a challenge. It seems like my "screen usage" is attributing to my battery drain a great deal even though my brightness is at 50% and I have all the power save features enabled. I'm going on hour 11 here and I'm cutting below 40%. When I check the usage, it seems to directly correlate with awake time. I have disabled my motion controls as a result.

I'm super happy with my phone! I know I've been handling it a lot..I'm not confident I've spent 40+% of it's on-time handling/using the phone (4 hours in the last 10 :| )

I'm syncing a bit too, but I didn't feel syncing equated to screen-on time.

Here's the shots. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Usage and high battery drain-screenshots_2013-03-20-21-22-10.png   Screen Usage and high battery drain-screenshots_2013-03-20-21-22-27.png   Screen Usage and high battery drain-screenshots_2013-03-20-21-22-37.png  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Screen Usage and high battery drain

I've done some reading and most people agree ~5 hours screen-on time is what you can expect from a Note 2. This is agreeable. I think I'll try...(operative word here is try <3) to put my phone down after a full charge all day tomorrow...and see if I still get drainage for screen activity. If I have actually been actively using this thing for nearly 50% of my day, then my gawsh I need to settle down!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Barton View Post
    I've done some reading and most people agree ~5 hours screen-on time is what you can expect from a Note 2. This is agreeable. I think I'll try...(operative word here is try <3) to put my phone down after a full charge all day tomorrow...and see if I still get drainage for screen activity. If I have actually been actively using this thing for nearly 50% of my day, then my gawsh I need to settle down!
    yeah your getting average use! With those numbers. But if you can't seem to find yourself to put it down:thumbup:. I recommend a extended battery!

Here's a link to one.. :thumbup: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A6U...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Trevor Barton likes this.

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajanbox View Post
    yeah your getting average use! With those numbers. But if you can't seem to find yourself to put it down:thumbup:. I recommend a extended battery!

Here's a link to one.. :thumbup: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A6U...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Just wish there were some extended battery friendly cases....

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Just wish there were some extended battery friendly cases....
    They are out already!! :thumbup:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ANU...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Thanked by:
    Trevor Barton likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Haha thanks for the tips folks. Yeah I'm pretty sure I've just totally lost track of time while using my new favourite toy! Kind of a useless reason to start a thread until you started making useful suggestions for new phone fiends like me. I really should settle down eventually. If I don't, I know where to shop ^_^
    Bajanbox likes this.

There is a drastic change in battery life on my end between using my screen all day at 100% brightness vs the lowest setting. I'm not talking just a couple of hours, either. I'm not rooted on this replacement yet and there was one day this week where I was outside and had to have the screen brighter. I was using it like how I normally would. BIG mistake. My phone was almost dead before the day ended, which I have yet to see
    Error

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I get on average about 7-8 hours of screen on time. Prior to 4.1.2 it was getting 10-12 hours. Most of the time its only for low rez games and internet browsing. So if you are playing something thats ramps up cpu/gpu speeds you can expect less

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    I get on average about 7-8 hours of screen on time. Prior to 4.1.2 it was getting 10-12 hours. Most of the time its only for low rez games and internet browsing. So if you are playing something thats ramps up cpu/gpu speeds you can expect less

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    +1:thumbup: