Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ready to go back to I Phone

Since the update the battery on my note 2 is terrible. I use it about 15 minutes during the day and have to charge it to finish the evening. Every thing I can possibly turn off on the phone and it still function is turned off. Any suggestions.? Before the update when I got home from work, I had nearly a full battery and greater than 50% when I went to bed. iPhone soon if not resolved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo and marie727 like this.

Default Re: Ready to go back to I Phone

This is my favorite suggestion: try running it in Safe Mode for a couple of days and see if it still happens. When it doubt it's a third party app not working correctly.

Have you tried backing it up & doing a Factory Reset?
    It's often a good idea after an OS update.

Unless you are just looking for an excuse to switch phones why would you not just get a new one or reset yours? And of all things to threaten to do, switch to an iPhone.... It sounds you really want the iphone and would be happier that way regardless

Sent from my Note 2

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Wake lock

I agree. I can have 100% and in 2 hrs my phone is dead and thats without me even using it. My iphone use to last me all day. Battery life on iphone is great... galaxys r nice phones but dam im sick and tired of the battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by marie727 View Post
    I agree. I can have 100% and in 2 hrs my phone is dead and thats without me even using it. My iphone use to last me all day. Battery life on iphone is great... galaxys r nice phones but dam im sick and tired of the battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Have you even looked at what's been using your battery?

Iphone battery has nothing on this

Sent from my Note 2
    BeRich likes this.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Have you even looked at what's been using your battery?

Iphone battery has nothing on this

Sent from my Note 2
    And an iPhone 5 with LTE and a non removable battery, could be a bigger issue.
    mistyisland likes this.

LucidMike just did a video on the Battery issue. Settings wifi advanced...set wifi to never when sleeping and toggle multi window off in notification window if your nor using it. Huge difference. I was perfect until the 4.1.2 update. Like many others I was left scratching my head trying to figure out what happened. Try this.. it should make a huge difference. You also have to find out if you have a ongoing wake lock. Better Battery Stats is free and great to assist you with that.
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock and TheOtherBill like this.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

My phones battery life is incredible.
    I've never had a phone sip battery like this.
    I'm not rooted either.
    Here's some pics

So either take it in for a swap, or if that's not possible, fresh wipe and os load would be a fix.
    I'm on the latest update, never use multi view. Wifi here and there. Screen auto brightness.

I say your device is defective.
    Swap it out or reload the OS.

I don't turn anything off or do anything to save battery. After a long day I still have plenty battery before bed and I'm a heavy user

Sent from my ATT Note 2!
    If you think i helped you, please click the Thanks button on the right
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

I agree, either you have a bad battery/charger or some boggus app is causing your problem. I stream music for up to 8hrs on bluetooth and LTE no wifi and still have over 65-70% left. My 2 email accounts are push and if I use youtube and internet I still have plenty left the next morning, like 15-25% left.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Android system is my biggest drain with the screen being 2nd. Screen brightness is turned down to about 1/8 of the way up. No i don't want to switch back to the iPhone. I really like the note 2 but the battery issue is killing me

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Ready to go back to I Phone-uploadfromtaptalk1365216429504.jpgForums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Mine screen shot looks a little different from the one above

Definitely something is keeping your phone awake when the screen is off. Ideally screen on bars and awake bars should line up

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

Here is my battery graph... Granted I've been home today with wifi

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ready to go back to I Phone-uploadfromtaptalk1365217364282.jpg  
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

So I Did A factory reset and there is a noticable difference already. However, I lost everything on my phone. I backed up to my google account but I'm not Sure how to restore from back up. By Now I would have lost Several percent on the battery ( been using for about an hour ) and the battery is still at 100 % . Thanks for the help.

Thanked by:
    lpt2569 and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahaflac View Post
    So I Did A factory reset and there is a noticable difference already. However, I lost everything on my phone. I backed up to my google account but I'm not Sure how to restore from back up. By Now I would have lost Several percent on the battery ( been using for about an hour ) and the battery is still at 100 % . Thanks for the help.

If you left the automatic restore option checked you should just have to sign into your Google account

Sent from my Note 2

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

you might want to try a few apps at a time or even one app at the time as you might restore the app that was causing your problems with the battery.
    i will say, install 2-3 and wait a few hours or a day, as soon as your battery starts acting up, then uninstall the last set of apps because that is where your problem is.

Can you explain the screen on bars sleep bars a little clearer. Also network bar. Wish there would be a good explanation of all the bars, colors and what they mean when you open battery in settings.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

That's usually all it takes,
    Phones are picky, it takes one bad sector or download in the update to cause a issue.

Hopefully it works out. If you still have drain, i recommend a reload of a fresh download of 4.1.2

Sent from my ATT Note 2!
    If you think i helped you, please click the Thanks button on the right
    Darth Spock likes this.

Since the update the battery on my note 2 is terrible. I use it about 15 minutes during the day and have to charge it to finish the evening. Every thing I can possibly turn off on the phone and it still function is turned off. Any suggestions.? Before the update when I got home from work, I had nearly a full battery and greater than 50% when I went to bed. iPhone soon if not resolved

if you use it 15 mins a day you dont need a note II or an iphone. You could probably get by with a flip phone. seriously

Quote Originally Posted by intheb0x View Post
    My phones battery life is incredible.
    I've never had a phone sip battery like this.
    I'm not rooted either.
    Here's some pics
    Is that first graph from a 3rd party app or something native to the Note 2?
    Being able to visualize when the battery is being used is really nice.

ROM
    Omega 7.3 4.1.2 Stock

I have everything running and updating on wifi all day and still charge every night with over 50% remaining. I don't play games or watch movies. just use it for Internet and Social updates and Navigation. I have never had a device i could not burn the battery out in one day on like the Note II. You really have to try to run the battery down.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
    Omega v15 JB - 4.1.2

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Android system is my biggest drain with the screen being 2nd. Screen brightness is turned down to about 1/8 of the way up. No i don't want to switch back to the iPhone. I really like the note 2 but the battery issue is killing me

You have a app this is running way too much. Your Awake and Screen On bars should be fairly equal. Looking at your screenshot some app is not letting your phone go into sleep mode. I would just do a factory reset, and start over. Do not automatically have all your apps download. Download them one by one. Do one and wait a hour or two, and check your battery stats. If you start to see your phone being awake a lot when your screen is off, you have found the one, or one of a few, app that is causing your poor battery. Then send the developer an email making them aware of the issue so they can work on fixing it.

This is from my Nexus 4. Different phone but the battery snapshot should like similar to this on all phones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ready to go back to I Phone-screenshot_2013-04-07-00-29-09.png  
    MERCDROID likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast