Question Regarding Apps & Ext AD Card

Brian Boehm

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey I just joined the forum do forgive me if I missed something. I am aware that Google will not allow apps to be moved to the external sd card anymore. I have a rooted at&t i317 note 2. I have tried countless apps, both for rooted & non rooted users, to move apps to the external sd card tho I haven't came across one. Is there an app I'm missing or something I can do to the system to move apps to my sd card? Thank you for any input good or bad.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Its not a question of specific apps that will let you do it or not. The operating system is what determine this and currently jellybean does not supports apps on sd card.

However if you want persue this and you ARE rooted then check out swapping internal and external memory. It does work but if your sdcard fails you will be screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Its not a question of specific apps that will let you do it or not. The operating system is what determine this and currently jellybean does not supports apps on sd card.

However if you want persue this and you ARE rooted then check out swapping internal and external memory. It does work but if your sdcard fails you will be screwed.

can you move the apps you don't use often to free up space and then move them back when you want them to run?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You can hide them. Before I rooted this is what I did. Like all the att bloat. I just uninstall all the update in application manager, after an option should be available to disable the apps. Then you can go to the app drawer and in the menu settings there is an option to hide or unhide apps.

If you are rooted you can completely remove these apps and free up their space.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers