1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to Maximize the Battery Life of my Note 2?

Please help I've been using Note 2 or almost one month now and my battery only last maximum time is 17 hours. Even during sleep my phone eats at least 10% of my battery and its freaking me out! I've read that disabling Google now will increase my battery life. Is it true? how to disable it anyway? How about the samsung push? All suggestions are welcomed!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default Re: How to Maximize the Battery Life of my Note 2?

17 hours would be awesome for me. I stream music for 2 hours a day, I have 6 email addresses coming to my phone, and I'm a pretty heavy user. I also live in an lte area. I'm usually switching batteries out by about 5pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How many hours your battery usually last?

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

I've only had my Note 2 for a week today. And I've only been able to get 15.5 hours a day at the highest so far with 4 hours of screen time....considering my S3 didn't last till lunch..... 17 hours ACTUALLY USING your phone sounds good to ME. Someone had mentioned that I should be able to get 6hours of screen time, I don't see that happening for me personally yet...

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    ~Jae~

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

6 hours is usually what I get and I typically go to bed with about 15-20% life left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    I've only had my Note 2 for a week today. And I've only been able to get 15.5 hours a day at the highest so far with 4 hours of screen time....considering my S3 didn't last till lunch..... 17 hours ACTUALLY USING your phone sounds good to ME. Someone had mentioned that I should be able to get 6hours of screen time, I don't see that happening for me personally yet...

Ladijae, id love to help maximize your battery life. Can you provide a screenshot of the battery monitor app in settings?

Also, a screenshot of your active applocations?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Ladijae, id love to help maximize your battery life. Can you provide a screenshot of the battery monitor app in settings?

Also, a screenshot of your active applocations?

~Jae~

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

~Jae~

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

From wake lock detector app

~Jae~

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

~Jae~

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

From wake lock detector app

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Maximize the Battery Life of my Note 2?-uploadfromtaptalk1370549107756.jpg  
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Today I'm at 14hrs and almost 5hours screen time.... But I'm at 18%battery about to plug in for the night. If I had wifi at work all would be well in the world but I don't....

~Jae~

I'm thinking about rooting mine again--the battery life has steadily decreased over the last month to the point where I have a battery alert around 9 at night now. Before I could go without charging it at night if I happened to forget and it be just fine to use the next day.
    Error

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Today I'm at 14hrs and almost 5hours screen time.... But I'm at 18%battery about to plug in for the night. If I had wifi at work all would be well in the world but I don't....

It all looks pretty good, what is your brightness settings saved at? On the wakelock detector it says maps use is alot, now I assume you arent using gps alot so I assume this means you have some 3rd party apps polling location settings alot so maybe diable this. You can still use the function but you can do it manually instead of apps doing it without your permission.

Also your application manager shows google as app currently running, notice how cpu usage is .22%? Apps in suspended mode who are properly coded should reside in ram and be using 0% cpu time. Cpu time means that some process is in use even while the app is suspended. Now im not saying that you shouldnt use this app but pressing the home button only suspends apps if you use the back button to exit an app the app will close properly. This is just a tip for bettery battery life.

Btw, I know of a sweet widget that gives a visual red/green status indicator so you can quickly check from the home screen when youve got an app using more power than it should.

It seems by the look of your settings that youve been using launchers and sorts of other random customizing apps, other than screen time, cellular radios transmitting alot tends to use alot of power. I know you have said you have had the phone for a week or so I assume you been customizing like crazy, wifi is generally more gentle on the battery but since thats not an option at your job you just have to make do. Once youve gotten settled and have your phone more or less how you want it, you overall battery life should increase. The reason I mention the radios is cuz I assume you are downloading alot of apps to get your customization going. If this isnt the case set me straight and we can try other stuff.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jdub1981; 06-08-2013 at 10:44 AM.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    I'm thinking about rooting mine again--the battery life has steadily decreased over the last month to the point where I have a battery alert around 9 at night now. Before I could go without charging it at night if I happened to forget and it be just fine to use the next day.
    I watched my battery steadily degrade month to month as well even while rooted. Then I stumbled upon clean master, its just a simple cache cleaner but it seems to have improved my battery life. Having not run a cache cleaner in 5 months of getting phone I was able to free up almost 2gb of usable storage space as well. I dont know if this will help you but its free so why not? You can alway root later.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Since I changed a few settings restarted my phone maps is no longer one of the leading wakelocks..... I'm pretty happy with with I've got going on now..... But I realize I need to restart every night before I charge it

~Jae~

mine was also like that but I fixed it a bit, now i can get up to 20 hours on it all you have to do is delete all you multitasking before you put the phone to sleep and turn off your data when not in use. And smart charge it meaning only plug it in when it is lower that 10 percent. I hope this helps.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark mendonca View Post
    mine was also like that but I fixed it a bit, now i can get up to 20 hours on it all you have to do is delete all you multitasking before you put the phone to sleep and turn off your data when not in use. And smart charge it meaning only plug it in when it is lower that 10 percent. I hope this helps.
    Hmm I've always heard not to let it get below 20-15%

~Jae~

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Hmm I've always heard not to let it get below 20-15%

Ahh..you guys are talking about 2 different battery types now. Lipo batteries which we have in the note 2 have no "memory," it does not matter if you drain it all the way to zero and I believe its even recommended by samsung to do it atleast 1 time a month. NiMH batteries and other batteries like the ones in cordless landline phones are the ones that should never be drained completely. And if they were they should be completely filled before use.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Ahh..you guys are talking about 2 different battery types now. Lipo batteries which we have in the note 2 have no "memory," it does not matter if you drain it all the way to zero and I believe its even recommended by samsung to do it atleast 1 time a month. NiMH batteries and other batteries like the ones in cordless landline phones are the ones that should never be drained completely. And if they were they should be completely filled before use.

Ahhhhh ok

~Jae~

I watched my battery steadily degrade month to month as well even while rooted. Then I stumbled upon clean master, its just a simple cache cleaner but it seems to have improved my battery life. Having not run a cache cleaner in 5 months of getting phone I was able to free up almost 2gb of usable storage space as well. I dont know if this will help you but its free so why not? You can alway root later.

I rooted anyway and noticed a difference after the first day. I can go a night without charging if needed now. Before, I'd be getting a battery alert. At least I don't have "charging anxiety" now, lol. Even processing (going from app to app to home) is more fluid and faster. I don't know why I waited so long to root this one.
    Error