What's with this yellow box??

surge1045

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I?m hoping that one of your ?Driod experts can help me with this issue. This is a screen shot of an incoming call off of my Galaxy Note II. Ever since I got the phone (about a month ago), this yellow box comes up and blocks the caller number/ID of the incoming call. The box always comes up. The problem is that I can?t see what the incoming number is. If the number is in my contacts list, the name of the person is filled in this yellow box. Even more maddening is if I have this particular number in my contacts list more than once (like if the number is on my phone AND google contacts), multiple lines come up within the yellow box thus extending the length downwards. I?ve spent HOURS speak with the useless Samsung techs who apparently just read of scripts and really don?t have a clue.

Anyone?? Thanks.

Attachments

• Galaxy Yellow.png
    Galaxy Yellow.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 198

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I?m hoping that one of your ?Driod experts can help me with this issue. This is a screen shot of an incoming call off of my Galaxy Note II. Ever since I got the phone (about a month ago), this yellow box comes up and blocks the caller number/ID of the incoming call. The box always comes up. The problem is that I can?t see what the incoming number is. If the number is in my contacts list, the name of the person is filled in this yellow box. Even more maddening is if I have this particular number in my contacts list more than once (like if the number is on my phone AND google contacts), multiple lines come up within the yellow box thus extending the length downwards. I?ve spent HOURS speak with the useless Samsung techs who apparently just read of scripts and really don?t have a clue.

Anyone?? Thanks.

Surge, Welcome to Android Central. Since you have a Galaxy Note 2 and not a Droid branded device I think you need an in general Android Expert vs a Droid expert.

I happen to have the GN2 aswell and have never seen this. this may be a third party app causing this so I would evaluate what apps you have downloaded. My wife has the AT&T GN2 so when I have a chance ill check her device for some type of different setting that I may not have that is causing this. But I imagine it is something else from the market causing this.

Icecat5

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I know this threads been dead for a while but I'm semi relieved to know that someone other than myself has this 'yellow' box. I don't understand the concept and why anyone would want to have this appear on their screen on an incoming/outgoing call. Completely impairs your ability to see your screen. If anyone has any input please advise. Peace!

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you have Verizon? If so, it may be that City ID thing they force on everyone. You get X amount of time for the free trial. When I was on Verizon I never turned it on.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Android Central Forums

Splash51

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just found out what is causing that ANNOYING yellow box when a call comes in. It is an artifact of an area code finder app. Uninstall the area code app or apps on your device. It worked for me.

Enjoy!!