Which version of Odin do you use?

Snacko

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have heard that different phones should use different versions of Odin to flash ROMs. But I cannot find a list of which phones should use which versions of Odin...

I have tried Odin3 v1.85, and v3.07 with my ATT Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317. Both version flash the stock ROM of JB 4.1.2 just fine. But neither version of Odin will flash the stock ROM of JB 4.1.1. (They do flash it successfully, but then the phone always 'hangs' when it boots up. And I do not believe the problem is with the stock JB 4.1.1 ROM tar files because I have downloaded them from 3 different sites all with the phone hanging on boot.

So, I am left wondering which version of Odin I should be using.. I have heard different answers from different posts and am confused. :-!

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I use 3.07 and haven't had any problems. Did you boot into recovery and clear your cache and factory reset when it hangs?

Snacko

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I use 3.07 and haven't had any problems. Did you boot into recovery and clear your cache and factory reset when it hangs?

No I didn't clear the cache or factory reset to fix the hanging. I didn't know I had to do that when flashing a stock rom. Especially since the other stock rom worked every time. But I'll make a note of it for next time. Thx!

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
No I didn't clear the cache or factory reset to fix the hanging. I didn't know I had to do that when flashing a stock rom. Especially since the other stock rom worked every time. But I'll make a note of it for next time. Thx!

Every time I've flashed stock and hadn't done that, it got in a boot loop. You should be fine after you do that.