Galaxy Note 2 starting to have problems while unlocking

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Would not unlock (blank screen, freeze, or reset). Did a factory reset. Turned off auto screens (where it changes the context depending on what you plug in, take out, etc) and this stopped a lot of my issues.

Much improved, although I still occasionally have problems, and today it seems to be connected to... my jeans. It seems that when under pressure, maybe something in the hardware causes it to reset? I put them in my pocket, sat down in car, and took it out to find it reset when I tried to power on. (I once, long ago, had a laptop that when it was starting to wear out, would reset if it was flexed slightly on accident). Is my Note 2 just so big and flat, that it got worn out and slightly contorted from being in my pocket? Is this the sort of thing that has happened to someone else? Or is this coincidence?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Would not unlock (blank screen, freeze, or reset). Did a factory reset. Turned off auto screens (where it changes the context depending on what you plug in, take out, etc) and this stopped a lot of my issues.

Much improved, although I still occasionally have problems, and today it seems to be connected to... my jeans. It seems that when under pressure, maybe something in the hardware causes it to reset? I put them in my pocket, sat down in car, and took it out to find it reset when I tried to power on. (I once, long ago, had a laptop that when it was starting to wear out, would reset if it was flexed slightly on accident). Is my Note 2 just so big and flat, that it got worn out and slightly contorted from being in my pocket? Is this the sort of thing that has happened to someone else? Or is this coincidence?

This is the first I have heard anything like this, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. Do you have a different pocket to put it in, like a shirt pocket? Either that or the pins in your battery to your phone are wearing out and there may be a separation that is turning the phone off?

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I could try a different pocket for a while. I may also get a better, more hard-shell case (my current is a little weak) on Amazon and see if that helps.

I didn't think about the battery, though. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I could try a different pocket for a while. I may also get a better, more hard-shell case (my current is a little weak) on Amazon and see if that helps.

I didn't think about the battery, though. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks!

No sweat. Post any updates.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Shahir Shafiei

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
i want to ask something. its normal when we want to unlock phone note 2 sometimes pending in 2 second ?? but sometime when i push the unlock button it just appear. its not pending..is this normal..please help me.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
First, do you use a case? If you dont is the button being pressed while in your pocket? Are you wearing skinny jeans with a phone this size and complaining that it doesnt fit? Most likely the button is being depressed while in your pocket. I had this problem as well till I got a case. I recommend the best buy platunum series. No bulk and no pocket issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Shahir Shafiei

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
i did not put my phone in my pocket. i put it in my bag. but before this , this problem is not happened. but after my phone fall then the problem happen. I do not think the fall was the cause. what should i do. is this normal or not. are your phone just like me.. have the unlocking prob. ??

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
One of the symptoms I had was the phone unlocking issues. Sometimes I had to take the battery out before it would even respond or it would reset itself. My phone was still under warranty (< 1 year) so I was able to take it straight to an AT&T location where they did exchanges etc. Since it wasn't happening right in front of them (it happened intermittently), they wanted to just re install the OS and see if that worked first. Fortunately, I remembered that I was also having issues with the audio jack (which I hardly use if ever). That WAS broken, so I got it replaced again. Starting to love my phone again, although I guess I'm a little more wary. Good luck. I hope you are able to find a good resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol