Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jasongeiger
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 coming in tomorrow, a few questions

Hey guys,
    I recently dumped my Samsung Galaxy S4 "google play" edition and grabbing a Note 2 cheap. I'll be upgrading to a Note 3 when it's released. I was wondering is can you save photos/videos to an external SD card? What software is the Note 2 currently running? Lastly, does group texting work correctly on the stock messaging app? Thanks for answering guys, can't wait to get this phone!

Global Posts
    13,804 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Note 2 coming in tomorrow, a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Chad H View Post
    Hey guys,
    I recently dumped my Samsung Galaxy S4 "google play" edition and grabbing a Note 2 cheap. I'll be upgrading to a Note 3 when it's released. I was wondering is can you save photos/videos to an external SD card? What software is the Note 2 currently running? Lastly, does group texting work correctly on the stock messaging app? Thanks for answering guys, can't wait to get this phone!
    Don't have a Note 2, but I will try to answer your questions:
    1. Yes. Either by transfer through My Files, or you should be able to set the camera to save directly to the SD card.
    2. Most likely 4.1.2
    3. Not sure, hated group texting on my S3.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Note 2 coming in tomorrow, a few questions

-Yes you can choose storage location in the camera settings
    -4.1.2 all carriers should have that now.
    -Yes but some custom international based roms have issues with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Chad H View Post
    Hey guys,
    First, the note 3 is coming to the US Oct 1st. Dont wasted your money on the note 2. If its burning a hole in your pocket then send it to me, Ill put it to good use.
    Second, most everything can be saved to the sd card by default including the S4. Pictures, downloads, music, everything. Unfortunately the settings system on samsung products suck. EVERY single app seems to have its own settings page then you have samsungs stock menu as well.
    Third, we are on 4.1.2 though we should get atleast 4.2.2 but dont hold your breath on a release date. The note 3 should come with 4.3.0.
    Lastly, I assume you mean if group messaging works like it does on the iphone. Im pretty sure apple invented/patented that method. The stock messaging app does do group messaging but all replys come in seperately. Depending on who your carrier is may determine what app is best. I can say FOR SURE that att messages does infact display group messaging exactly as it does on iphone, and it also incorporated visual voice mail. The ONE thing it does not do which I prefer to use more than group messages is LED flash for notifications. Thats a show stopper for me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4