Note 2 Connecting To WIFI and 4G at the same time?

Note2Dan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Greetings new member here,

I have a year old Note 2 I recently recieved a new router for my home (comcast/Arris) and when I tried to connect via wifi the phone is saying I am connected but I am still streaming data from 4G at the same time. I thought it was my router but I tried to connect to another source at a restaurant and the same thing happened. If I shut off mobile data I can use my wifi but even then sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the phone to make it work.

I have never had this problem before with my old router and this started before the new AT & T update so I know that is not the problem.

I am having no other issues connecting my other electronics ipad apple tv laptops so I know it is a problem with the phone.

PLEASE HELP I am eating up all my data lol

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

There's probably several solutions to this, the one that comes to my mind is to use Juice Defender as it has options to use one as opposed to the other. So if WiFi is available it'll disable mobile data. It seems like your phone shouldn't be using mobile data when WiFi is available anyways but Juice Defender should force the issue and beat mobile data into submission.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I also get this at work.

It would connect to my work WiFi but still shows 4GLTE also on the top tray. It takes awhile sometimes to switch over to Wifi, I'm guessing...

Ifo

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I just solved the same problem by setting my router to only do wireless G instead of b/G. Give a tried. Not more buffering when watching Utube .

Posted via Android Central App

balboadave

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have AT&T's Messages installed? Because for me, that was causing 4G to come on and use mobile data even when hooked up to WiFi, even when WiFi was using data at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12