Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy My note 2 battery drain freaking fast after installing GTA Vice city even the app is closed

According to the title, my note 2 battery is getting sick after Im installing GTA vice city. Before the installation, the battery is still close to normal, but after the installation, the battery power drains about 1% in just 5 minutes even im closing all the apps (not playing the GTA) and 1% in two minutes during web browsing. WIFI, GPS, bluetooth, are closed and power saver setting was enabled and even use a super power-saver app but still not working. Running task killer, ram booster, anti-virus, memory cleaner to stop the drain is no avail. Although the GTA was uninstalled, the problem is just not ended. 20% drops in just 2.5 hours on idle is make no sense and im running out of idea how to fix it. Actually, im not sure if the GTA causing the problem (or something else is causing it) but it happen right after the GTA was installed. Does anyone know how to fix it??

Email: Carlzlavine16@gmail.com
    Carlzlavine@yahoo.com

Global Posts
    26,186 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: My note 2 battery drain freaking fast after installing GTA Vice city even the app is closed

Quote Originally Posted by Carlz Lavine View Post
    According to the title, my note 2 battery is getting sick after Im installing GTA vice city. Before the installation, the battery is still close to normal, but after the installation, the battery power drains about 1% in just 5 minutes even im closing all the apps (not playing the GTA) and 1% in two minutes during web browsing. WIFI, GPS, bluetooth, are closed and power saver setting was enabled and even use a super power-saver app but still not working. Running task killer, ram booster, anti-virus, memory cleaner to stop the drain is no avail. Although the GTA was uninstalled, the problem is just not ended. 20% drops in just 2.5 hours on idle is make no sense and im running out of idea how to fix it. Actually, im not sure if the GTA causing the problem (or something else is causing it) but it happen right after the GTA was installed. Does anyone know how to fix it??

Email: Carlzlavine16@gmail.com
    Carlzlavine@yahoo.com
    You can try going into recovery and clearing the system cache that you have.
    Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    This should work for the Note 2
    ‚Äč
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My note 2 battery drain freaking fast after installing GTA Vice city even the app is closed

Is it will erase all my apps and personal data? Like Im doing factory reset.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is it will erase all my apps and personal data? Like Im doing factory reset.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You can try going into recovery and clearing the system cache that you have.
    Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    This should work for the Note 2

Ok, let me admit it. Doing recovery and clearing the system cache on my note 2 to stop the battery drain is totally not working. I just hope there's no defect on any component in my phone (including battery). Now I'm planning to reset/factory reset my phone and hopefully it will fix the problem.

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Quote Originally Posted by Carlz Lavine View Post
    Ok, let me admit it. Doing recovery and clearing the system cache on my note 2 to stop the battery drain is totally not working. I just hope there's no defect on any component in my phone (including battery). Now I'm planning to reset/factory reset my phone and hopefully it will fix the problem.
    That's more of a software issue than anything, probably related to the app itself and not your phone. Try force stopping the app and clearing the app cache

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod