Samsung customer services told me that att have release the 4.3 update to note 2 it's going by imie

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T web site even says note 2 is running 4.3

According to a few Samsung chat reps, this is referring to new Note 2's that they have in the stores. If you were to go to an AT&T store right now and buy a new Note 2 (although I can't see a reason why you'd do this at this point if you can afford a Note 3), it will have 4.3 out of the box.

If this is true, isn't it weird how the new Note 2's can run 4.3 but our phones can't because they haven't released the update yet? I suggest to all of you that when the update gets released, you should back up all of your data and do a complete factory reset before you attempt to download and install the update. Then, just to be safe, do another factory reset after the update. This will ensure that your 4.3 will run smoothly, without all the issues that people have reported.

At least, that's what I think the problem is; people are downloading and installing the updates directly on top of their personalized devices (complete with their apps and customized settings), and once the 4.3 update installs, it instantly starts to bellyache about how it can't handle all of the customized settings and installed apps.

A little disclaimer: The two paragraphs above are only my personal opinions and speculations. Please don't come after me if the suggestion in the first paragraph does not work or if you disagree. :)

Edit: I just checked AT&T's page for the Note 2 (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com/buy/phones/browse/Samsung/&token=I4HKF5Qc), but it said the Android version is 4.1. However, if you go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...-phones%2FSGH-I317TSAATT-specs&token=1Ehlxz8G, you can clearly see that Samsung says the phone is running on 4.3.

Last edited:

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
According to a few Samsung chat reps, this is referring to new Note 2's that they have in the stores. If you were to go to an AT&T store right now and buy a new Note 2 (although I can't see a reason why you'd do this at this point if you can afford a Note 3), it will have 4.3 out of the box.

If this is true, isn't it weird how the new Note 2's can run 4.3 but our phones can't because they haven't released the update yet? I suggest to all of you that when the update gets released, you should back up all of your data and do a complete factory reset before you attempt to download and install the update. Then, just to be safe, do another factory reset after the update. This will ensure that your 4.3 will run smoothly, without all the issues that people have reported.

At least, that's what I think the problem is; people are downloading and installing the updates directly on top of their personalized devices (complete with their apps and customized settings), and once the 4.3 update installs, it instantly starts to bellyache about how it can't handle all of the customized settings and installed apps.

A little disclaimer: The two paragraphs above are only my personal opinions and speculations. Please don't come after me if the suggestion in the first paragraph does not work or if you disagree. :)

Edit: I just checked AT&T's page for the Note 2 (Samsung Galaxy Note II - Titanium Gray cell phone from AT&T), but it said the Android version is 4.1. However, if you go to Specs - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I317 | Samsung Cell Phones, you can clearly see that Samsung says the phone is running on 4.3.

I think your suggestion is valid. This seems to be a pretty big change for the Note 2 OS. I am planning on doing a back-up, then taking the OTA, then doing a fresh install. My guess is we will get this OTA before months end.... clearly the update was rushed so they could stoke sales of the galaxy watch, but I don't think anything can save that ship.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I should point out that I got a new note 2 from the cyber Monday sale (better than the orig note, much cheaper than the note 3 and oh yes it was free!). And it came with 4.1.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I should point out that I got a new note 2 from the cyber Monday sale (better than the orig note, much cheaper than the note 3 and oh yes it was free!). And it came with 4.1.

In all honesty, I was never able to (and still can't) fully get my mind around the fact that all new Note 2's on AT&T come with 4.3 out of the box, especially since AT&T has not released it to any of them that people have already bought. Also, there may be phones that have been manufactured last year that have never seen the light of day until now. Those would obviously come with Android 4.1 on board, complete with the lack of multi-window. I don't think it's practical that AT&T would take every single Note 2 in stock and flash all of them to 4.3, unless that is their method of testing the update before pushing it out to us. But that clearly doesn't seem like the case, because your phone came with 4.1 installed.

It would be so much easier to get an idea of when we'll get the update if Samsung publishes an estimated release date like Motorola and HTC does. Even better, none of us would be here speculating about the update if we already got it when we were supposed to, 11/20. That was over two weeks ago, but we still have no update, let alone an ETA.

suav257

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 4.3 now have been for awhile now
7umunume.jpg
note 3 features and all love it official att release dang sure won't give me that

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret