Samsung Note 2 charging issues and at&t customer service and receiving a reconditioned phone

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, first time writing here. For about three weeks I have been monitoring a battery/charging situation on my phone. I cannot determine anything I did to make the phone start wanting to charge, starting to charge on its own, saying its charging when i go to bed and wake up with it almost drained, and so on. I have read a number of threads here and tried different solutions suching as using a differing charger than what came with the phone, taking battery out and putting back in, blowing compressed air in to clean out any "gunk", and so on. It looks like the charging port on the note 2 is a known problem with the phones. I did not want to do a "hard" reset and lose all the data and apps on the phone, and see if that fixes the problem. I believe this is some kind of hardware issue so I took the phone into at&t. the young gentleman there took the phone and checked it for charging, checked it for moisture damage, and so on. I believe he saw what I saw, that the phone would say it was charging, at say 11%, and then it would stop and say connect charger, even though the phone was already on the charger. He gave me a phone number to call AT&T for a replacement. I went home and with about 3% left on the phone called AT&T. I believe they looked at my phone records and saw that I have had 4 phones with them and had them all over 2 years with no problems. This one only about 4 months. Also, while I was on the phone, she could here the battery charging indicator going on and off while we were talking. So, no problem, said they would send me a "reconditioned" phone and I would have the remaining warranty time left on this "reconditioned" phone. Phone should be here today or tomorrow and then i take to at&t and they will switch everything over for me. My questions are these. Has anyone been through a similar problem and are they happy with the replacement phone? I am a little disappointed in receiving a phone that's not new. Should I buy a warranty to extend the warranty on this phone, and if so, does anyone have any experience with squaretrade or another warranty provider? Thank you for your time. As a side note, I believe my note 2 has been trying to download the new android system. Over the last couple of nights the phone would freeze on a screen that said do not disconnect, updating, with a screensize icon of the green android guy. Problem is the phone did this overnight twice, did not seem to finish updating, and just remained locked up and not charged. I would have to remove the battery to un-freeze the phone in the morning, and the phone was not charged nor updated when i put it back in. Anyways, I love the note 2 and have used it extensively over the past few months, but quite disappointed to have a problem like this. We have had 2 iphones and an atrix 4g that have lasted well over 2 years with no problems. it is not very sustainable to put out a product that doesn't last, nor to be able to do quick fixes in a local store on a product in hand. if i have another problem, i'm going to use all the social media connections i have to share it, but i'll do the same if the phone works the way it is supposed to and the companies do what they should do. Thanks again.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The chargers and cables themselves are junk.
I had cables & chargers that sometime wouldnt charge it though it was saying it was charging.
I went and got a griffin fast charger that puts out 2100Ma

when my old chargers would work it would take 8 hours to charge it from <10%, now it takes less then 4 hours

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Your phone is still under Samsung 1 yr warranty. If you don't mind parting with your phone for 1 to 2 weeks, you could contact Samsung warranty and mail your phone in for repairs. They might still send your a recondition phone if they decide it was too hard to fix. My niece had sent in her AT&T Note 2 early this year and it was repaired and mailed back in about 10 days. She had a broken power button. The service center for us (California) is in Texas.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i had a horrible time with the samsung repair center mailing my phone back in.
set it in 3 times and they kept sending it back not fixed!
they will just repair it they will not give you a reconditioned phone if you send it in to their texas repair facility.

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I ended up with a reconditioned phone. Received it the next morning. It is working very well with battery from old phone so definitely was the phone. Had no idea how long I'd been dealing with a bad charging system because this reconditioned phone stays charged all day with no issues. Knock on wood.

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
The phone continues with the remainder of the one year warranty. It does not restart at a year. This seemed wrong to me but i guess is industry standard. I've also found it odd that phone contracts are predominantly 2 year while the phone is only guaranteed a year.

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I started out with a refurbished and it only lasted about 6 months
Att won't touch it
Was wondering if samsung might
I'm very surprised how much consumers put up with. If you regularly pay your bills on time and use the equipment the way it is supposed to and it dies on you, the manufacturer needs to be responsible. I expect this phone to work another year and a half the same as my phone contract. Let me know if you think I'm nuts.

Terry Weaver1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
No your not nuts and I already informed att I'm done with them over this!!
I have 5 phones with them and been a customer for almost 10 years but this really pizzes me right off!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc