Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T 4.3 for Note 2 today

Jusy got off the phone with a very nice lady at AT&T customer care and after she helped me with a voice mail issue I asked about 4.3 for the Note 2 and after checking she told me it was released today. Hopefully I'll get it when I get home.

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I'm in the car and didn't check the entire forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

Default Re: AT&T 4.3 for Note 2 today

I hope so I'm ready to get that watch

"AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just got home and checked for the update only to be told that I have to wait 5 hours to check for the update.

New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

Let's hope it really is released. I want to see what others say about the update before I install mine.

Nothing on at&t in Louisiana, just checked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

As much as I hope it did get released today, I just checked for updates and there were none. I'm in Maryland.

No update here in south Carolina

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Nothing in Kentucky

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Very disappointing. Had ti wait until midnight to check my phone and nothing. Did she lie to me? Make a mistake?

Anyone want to buy a Note 2?

New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

Checked @ 5:30 am in the East TX area and no update.
    Man SIII'3 updated weeks ago
    I thought the Note II was a flagship phone..
    Sent from my Samsung -SGH-1317

Quote Originally Posted by jvak55 View Post
    Checked @ 5:30 am in the East TX area and no update.
    Man SIII'3 updated weeks ago
    I thought the Note II was a flagship phone..
    The Note 2 is a flagship phone, and there are several reasons why it is:

1. It is the successor to the original Galaxy Note. It also has a successor, the Note 3. Flagship model phones have multiple generations like this.

2. Like the Galaxy S series of phones, the Note series are sold all over the world.

3. It was the first phone in Samsung's line of phones to come with Android 4.1 out of the box.

4. The original Note came with Android 2.3.6, but it got updated all the way to 4.1.2. Flagship phones get more prioritized for updates, even though it seems like it takes forever for them to get released. That's because of the carriers who need to install bloatware and test the update on their individual networks.

5. The Note 2 came with all the features that the S3 had, plus more features that are special to the Note 2. This is also true of the Note 3.

6. The Note 2's multi-window feature was ported across multiple phones in Samsung's line of Galaxy devices.

7. In the 4.3 update, whenever that may be, the Note 2 will get some of the features found on the S4 and the Note 3.

The only reason why this phone is getting its first major update in over a year is because Android has changed only incrementally from 4.1 to 4.3. Plus, the 4.2.x update had too many problems on the S3 and Note 2, so it had to be skipped, adding to the delay. On top of that, other phone manufacturers skipped the 4.2 update in favor of 4.3 on their own flagships.

Android doesn't need much more change now as it did a few generations ago; it's much more stable now. That's why we have what we have here: incremental updates that still bear the title Jelly Bean.

This update is only taking this long because AT&T is still fixing the problems in it. I don't know what they are (I've asked the chat reps on both AT&T and Samsung and they weren't able to tell me), but they say there are problems and that the update will be released very soon. But we've probably heard that over and over again without knowing a solid ETA.

If it makes you feel better, now let's take a look at the Infuse 4G. It was sold only in the U.S. and Canada and came with Android 2.2.1 Froyo when Gingerbread was readily available. The phone got so little attention from Samsung and AT&T that it took almost a year to release the (then severely outdated) Gingerbread update (released in April 2012), and it hasn't been updated since. Now that is the definition of a seriously non-flagship phone.

There is a guy (michael) who is doing youtube videos on the upgrade. I saw them posted in another link. In episode 3 he mentions that the delays may have to do with some issues installing the upgrade. His version, international I assume, broke over a dozen apps when installed, that he had to then go back and reinstall the apps to make them work again. So maybe its being held for that little extra polish.

Its a great series of videos. Look for note 2 4.3 upgrade on youtube, and it is on the note2/3 daily update series.

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

I still got nothing.

Which is no surprise, given that I've often said I wouldn't trust an AT&T rep to tell me the correct time of day.
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A stock 4.4.4
    Nexus 10 stock 5.0.1
    Galaxy Gear NF1
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Espolón Reposado ROM)
    Thanked by:
    rsmin 

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I still got nothing.

Which is no surprise, given that I've often said I wouldn't trust an AT&T rep to tell me the correct time of day.
    LMAO....

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I work for att but not in that department lol we all aren't that bad lol

Sheeks what department release the software update. When you call att they say Samsung have to release and when you call Samsung they say it's att have to release it. Verizon and att only one who still have not release the update.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

From what I know, Samsung releases it to and then its up to att to release the update

Sheek I hope it's soon I wanna get that watch.

At&t Samsung galaxy note 2

Quote Originally Posted by zaydabarber View Post
    Sheeks what department release the software update. When you call att they say Samsung have to release and when you call Samsung they say it's att have to release it. Verizon and att only one who still have not release the update.

I saw a post on xda yesterday that Verizon has released their upgrade. We are the last one waiting.

I understand all your points.
    I have 7 Samsung phones and tablets for my business and have been using them since they introduced the first smartphone in the Samsung line.
    The flagship comment is called sarcasm....
    Sent from my Samsung -SGH-1317

After paying full price for thus phone, I am very disappointed in the lack of support ftlrom at&t in the area of OS updates. I guess I will have to root it and void the warranty in order to stay current in the android OS world. At&t should be embarrassed.

You have to root to get the fullest potential out of the phone. It's a no brainer. And there are plenty of ways to unroot to keep it under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by akchaos View Post
    After paying full price for thus phone, I am very disappointed in the lack of support ftlrom at&t in the area of OS updates. I guess I will have to root it and void the warranty in order to stay current in the android OS world. At&t should be embarrassed.

Tmo just released a week or so ago, and Verizon was yesterday. Not quite sure AT&T should be too embarrassed yet. If not by Xmas, then maybe there is an argument for it.

I have a feeling it will be here on the 20th of this month. Haha

How do you figure that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast