4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

rms2005

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
took me prolly 30ish minutes to download. Seems pretty good so far, seems much snappier. Has a noticeably slower startup time. see what happens tomorrow with battery life. Sure was hoping for the new gallery/camera, air command and s healt but o well.

abahern

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Got rid of unstable wife message on my Note 2 after the 4.3 up date by going to advanced settings in wi-fi and selecting never for the option to keep wi-fi on during sleep

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
took me prolly 30ish minutes to download. Seems pretty good so far, seems much snappier. Has a noticeably slower startup time. see what happens tomorrow with battery life. Sure was hoping for the new gallery/camera, air command and s healt but o well.

Can you and everyone else take a look at post #15 (the video I linked) and tell me whether that feature is on our Note 2's? It wasn't on mine and I would like that it is not a missing feature only on my phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Got rid of unstable wife message on my Note 2 after the 4.3 up date by going to advanced settings in wi-fi and selecting never for the option to keep wi-fi on during sleep

Let me check that..I had that off before, obviously some of those type things were reset with the upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Fitbit Force no longer syncs with the Note 2 after the update, reported to Fitbit as did a previous poster. It is not even an option in the Fitbit app any longer, really makes me bummed.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Some of the things I liked:
Default Mail app is much better
- Top Notification icons background is same as wallpaper
- S note response
- Unlock code takes the input perfectly now
- Screen looks better (not sure if that is true)
- I had to install video editor apk earlier. Now after the update, it is identified by samsung app store and udpated it to the latest version

Lost the below:
- No more stocks or news sticker on lock screen
- Don't like the way calendar widget looks now. But it updates itself now (Earlier I had to manually click on refresh)
- My RAM usage was around ~<70% before upgrade, now it consistently between ~75 to 80%. I hope this will not affect my battery performance as am expecting better performance.

xnate128x

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my phone with no problems. Here's one of the things I noticed about the update.

Skip over to 1:27 on this video: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Special Feature Episode 1: What's New in Android 4.3 Part 1 - YouTube

The guy on there mentions the "Use for all screens" for the one-handed operation setting. I looked for this setting but it wasn't there. For those who updated, do you see that setting there? It's under Settings>My device>Input and control>One-handed operation. My suspicion is that AT&T removed the "Use for all screens" feature.

I'll keep you posted on the other things I find on this update.

I just checked mine, and I don't have the 'use for all screens' option either. Very weird. I wonder if AT&T decided to scrap it from their version of the firmware. I wonder what reason they could have for getting rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did att disable Knox? I keep hearing it eats battery and I can't find it to kill it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

dee5169

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
After 4.3 update, my wifi will not connect. If I turn "airplane mode" on then wifi will connect. Any suggestions? Am I missing an obvious setting?

Last edited:

VICNLYN

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Android people!

My carrier is Sprint. I've had a few freezes here and there. When pressing the physical home button, it takes about 1 1/2 seconds to take me to the home screen, which before it didn't had problems.

If any ideas on how to solve this problems, please share them with us, thanks!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
After 4.3 update, my wifi will not connect. If I turn "airplane mode" on then wifi will connect. Any suggestions? Am I missing an obvious setting?

Do you have att smart wifi enabled. Even if you had disabled it previosly it may have reenabled after the update.

As for me...ive had the update for 24 hours and I love it. No battery issues or wifi problems of anykind. Remember if an app you like isnt working it may just not be compatible with 4.3 yet. Be patient or email the developer for an update.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got the update last night. Today I really, *really* needed to check one of my S-Notes and it won't open. The S-Note app with my folders opens up, then after a second or so I get "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped." I restarted the phone but no change. Any ideas/suggestions?

Last edited:

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Update to my message of a few minutes ago: I was able to access the note I needed in the "My Files" app. S-Note itself still crashes. . . .

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just checked mine, and I don't have the 'use for all screens' option either. Very weird. I wonder if AT&T decided to scrap it from their version of the firmware. I wonder what reason they could have for getting rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't understand why they removed it either. I wonder if the other carrier versions of the Note 2 removed that feature too.

Other things I noticed about the update:

1. When you're playing music with the default music app and lock the phone and turn the screen back on, it shows the music player widget instead of the clock. Not sure how I feel about that.

2. Battery life isn't so great (6 hours off the charger with 2 hours of screen time and battery is at 35%; making a few calls, browsing Facebook and the web, and reading e-mail). Since it's only been a day since I installed the update, I don't exactly know why. I had installed all of my apps at once and put in all my files assuming that nothing was going to go wrong with the phone.

3. Exchange services use more battery for some reason; I have only one account using the service (the other e-mail I have being Gmail) with it only syncing e-mail, peak times are 24/7, set to sync all mail of all sizes.

4. You can finally rearrange the toggles!

5. Despite some people saying that they don't like the new notification system for text messages on the lock screen, I actually like it because it allows you to preview the message without having to open the messaging app.

6. Confirmed: NO AIR COMMAND

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad