4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here
01-18-2014 09:54 PM
- I have an att note 2 and I was looking for the clockwork recovery file that is compatible for the att note 2 and the 4.3 update. when I applied the cm recovery file I had, the phone wont restart. Any and all help is appreciated. When the phone starts up, I get the samsung logo, nothing else, and the up button, home and power doesn't take me into recovery mode12-27-2013 09:16 PM
- I have an att note 2 and I was looking for the clockwork recovery file that is compatible for the att note 2 and the 4.3 update. when I applied the cm recovery file I had, the phone wont restart. Any and all help is appreciated. When the phone starts up, I get the samsung logo, nothing else, and the up button, home and power doesn't take me into recovery mode12-28-2013 08:18 PM
- So far I am only having an issue sharing photos from the gallery with the share via icon, the gallery will respond it has stopped working.
So I copied everything from my SD card to my PC and will try a hard reset-don't know how to clear the cache--doesn't the hard reset do that too? Or if someone can kindly walk me through it....Also, can't you just removed the SD card and reset without it so you wouldn't lose anything?
To wipe the cache, boot into recovery mode. I turn my phone off, hold volume up while holding down power and home buttons and you get the recovery menu and the option to wipe the cache.12-29-2013 07:30 PM
Do you have an open thread for your issue? dont want to hijack this one, i can tell you what i did to at least boot to 4.1.2, however you can no longer OTA to 4.3 until someone figures it out.12-29-2013 08:11 PM
- Updated yesterday (AT&T). Been working OK, I think. But just discovered that the stock video player app lost the ability to grab still pictures during video playback. I actually used that function quite a bit, so not happy that was pulled.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 212-29-2013 09:31 PM
- Does anyone notice that Chrome doesn't work as well on 4.3? If I have a tab that's been idle for a while and I go back to it, the webpage it displayed doesn't fully reload or won't load at all; for some websites, like Twitter (mobile version), it just displays a blank page. The only fix for this is to close the tab and open up a new one, but I don't consider that a fix; I shouldn't have to close and reopen tabs just to reload a page. Also, the entire browser randomly crashes for no reason.
I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. I generally love using Chrome because it syncs everything up with my desktop Chrome so nicely. Any fixes for this problem? It gets extremely annoying.12-31-2013 08:14 AM
- Well I did the upgrade to Android 4.3 right before Christmas (23rd). I wanted to do it when I had some time as I was very busy with work. I had trouble with some applications/games that needed me to remove their updates and re-install them. I didn't track the exact apps but for those interested review the Daily Note 2/III Series on Youtube. The author has 5 videos that go over the Android 4.3 update. Although it doesn't match AT&T's update completely many items are helpful.
In my case I'm stuck with one thing. My NFC doesn't appear to be working properly. I can no longer use Isis, and further can't send files with Sbeam. I've stopped the process and restarted it while dumping the cache, rebooted and reset the phone ... all appear ineffective. I went to the AT&T store today and they couldn't get it going either (I know they aren't truly experts). I don't see anyone in the forums complaining about NFC so that worries me. AT&T said expect another update within the next week because they know of some issues.
So how about it? Anyone having issues with NFC performing as it did before the 4.2 to 4.3 change??12-31-2013 03:32 PM
- I recently had my update 4.3 from At&t for my Galaxy Note 2. Since then I discovered that my Samsung Allshare Dongle (even after the screen mirroring patch App) will no longer connect with my phone. Before the Patch the Dongle at least seem to almost connect but the the screen mirroring would turn off. After the Patch the phone still finds and identifies the Dongle but the Dongle doesn't shows no interaction on the TV.
I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO A RESET.
Please help or post any ideas. I have contacted SAMSUNG SUPPORT on Facebook and could only suggest a Factory Reset. Just FYI my Chrome Cast is working great!
Posted via Android Central App12-31-2013 04:48 PM
- For all you folks that say..."I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO A RESET!" and you're having issues that you didn't have before the update; just deal with them then, because a reset is THE ONLY answer in most cases! I had most of the same issues, and a RESET fixed them all!01-02-2014 08:41 AM
- I am getting better battery life now with 4.3 than when with 4.1.2. I was rooted and so I did a complete factory reset erasing everything. Next I flashed a official Samsung 4.1.1 ROM in order to downgrade. Then I updated to 4.1.2 via OTA and performed another factory reset after removing root. Finally I performed the official Samsung 4.3 OTA update. The first day it seemed battery life was worse but after 2 or 3 days the battery life is fantastic in my opinion. The other day I unplugged at 6:45am and used it as I normally would and it remained unplugged until 7:00pm and it was still at 45%. I am very pleased with the 4.3 update.
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.01-02-2014 10:56 AM
- My God. So many horror stories, in so many forums and so little time to read them all.
I have not attempted to install 4.3 on my Galaxy Note II (AT&T variant) and I don't plan on doing so in the near future.
My Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version works perfectly fine, thank you.
The second-to-last thing I would ever consider doing is manually checking for an update (via Settings/About device/Software update) and installing anything that I found available (the first thing I would NEVER consider doing would be rooting my device).
To date, I have not received an official notification (on my device) from AT&T that I should install anything and I am certainly NOT going to force the issue manually.
Common sense (if not years of experience) dictates otherwise.
Meanwhile I will patiently sit here using my device and watch all the rest of you rush to jump off the cliff.
End-users never fail to amuse me with their ignorance.
It's just my opinion, but the vast majority of you should probably just put your device back into the packaging it originally came in and return it to the nearest store. You don't deserve technology.01-08-2014 02:39 PM
- I just updated to 4.3 a few days ago no issues whatsoever, did it manually since there was no notification of some sort, It works better than 4.1.2 with better reception and weather widget finally works, instead of manually turning on gps, with just locations turned on in the settings, battery life seems like it works better with this update, but I have a battery saver app to compensate with brightness in the low settings and turns off data overnight. Only thing I don't like is the bloatware apps and Foxfi not compatible with this updated version.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk01-08-2014 07:07 PM
- I have the GT-N7105 on T-Mobile UK and got the 4.3 update a week or so ago. Since then battery life has been appalling. Used to have close to 50% left at the end of the day (I'm a very light user) and now it asks to be plugged in by about 4pm. I've just done a factory reset today and am still getting all my apps reloaded and logged into all my accounts. Will see how it goes tomorrow.01-09-2014 12:54 PM
- Horror stories?? This is no different than any other carrier update.
Anytime you do a software upgrade, you should always plan on doing a reset. Almost every one of these issues that people are experiencing are almost always corrected with a factory reset.01-10-2014 01:38 PMLike 3
- I didn't have to do a factory reset but I found the battery life has improved! It is about the same if I am out and have no WiFi connection.. using 4G LTE only. But when I am home, with WiFi and only 2 bars of mobile signal, my battery life has doubled or more. Normally at home, my battery will slowly drain about 2 or 3% per hour with the phone just sitting there doing nothing. Now it is almost flat line when it is just sitting there at home.01-11-2014 11:16 AM
- 01-11-2014 04:32 PM
- After rejecting the update a couple of weeks ago because of all the complaints about it, I decided to go ahead and install it Friday night.
I followed the same process I always do for Android updates. I enabled the 20+ apps I had disabled and backed up everything with My Backup Pro, powered off and cleared the phone's cache, rebooted and downloaded and installed the update. Following successful completion of the update, I powered down again and cleared the cache and rebooted. I then proceeded to disabling all the apps I don't need/use and rebooted again.
The update seems perfectly fine to me. I've noticed much better battery life today than before the update after slightly worse yesterday. My phone seems faster and I don't really notice anything any different than 4.1.2 except for the changes of how things look, like the email app having the buttons at the bottom now and the transparent notification bar among other things that people have mentioned.
Totally happy with this update. It seems if you take the time to research before the update and follow some simple dos and don'ts, the update usually goes fine.01-12-2014 02:40 PM
- Hi ReginaLiz,
I don't know if you already found a solution to your problem. I downloaded the upgrade to 4.3 about two weeks ago and started having the same problem with S Note a few days after the download. I kept trying to open S Note, by touching the home screen an also the app icon on the apps screen, and it would not work (have some very important notes on that app that I couldn't afford to lose!).
I then pulled the S Pen out, which opened a blank note, scribbled something on it and then saved it. When I then tried to open S Note, it was working again. I honestly don't know if it was because of the S Pen or what, but I have not had any more problems.
Hope this helps,
Ana01-14-2014 04:17 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2
4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here
- By Gom8z in forum HTC One M7Replies: 70Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM
- By hangfirew8 in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 6Last Post: 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
- By Patrick Mc Knew in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 12-22-2013, 05:13 PM
- By Patrick Mc Knew in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2013, 01:32 AM
- By JeffDenver in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD