Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: 4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

I have an att note 2 and I was looking for the clockwork recovery file that is compatible for the att note 2 and the 4.3 update. when I applied the cm recovery file I had, the phone wont restart. Any and all help is appreciated. When the phone starts up, I get the samsung logo, nothing else, and the up button, home and power doesn't take me into recovery mode

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

Quote Originally Posted by tmp3150 View Post
    I have an att note 2 and I was looking for the clockwork recovery file that is compatible for the att note 2 and the 4.3 update. when I applied the cm recovery file I had, the phone wont restart. Any and all help is appreciated. When the phone starts up, I get the samsung logo, nothing else, and the up button, home and power doesn't take me into recovery mode
    Can you get into download mode?

I can get to download mode, but flashing the old firmware doesn't work. I need the clockwork mod that works with 4.3. I saw someone had a link ,but can't seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloberry View Post
    So far I am only having an issue sharing photos from the gallery with the share via icon, the gallery will respond it has stopped working.
    So I copied everything from my SD card to my PC and will try a hard reset-don't know how to clear the cache--doesn't the hard reset do that too? Or if someone can kindly walk me through it....Also, can't you just removed the SD card and reset without it so you wouldn't lose anything?
    I have the option when I choose reset to wipe the card or not.

To wipe the cache, boot into recovery mode. I turn my phone off, hold volume up while holding down power and home buttons and you get the recovery menu and the option to wipe the cache.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

Quote Originally Posted by tmp3150 View Post
    I can get to download mode, but flashing the old firmware doesn't work. I need the clockwork mod that works with 4.3. I saw someone had a link ,but can't seem to find it.
    once in 4.3, there is no way back. Unless your back up is 4.3 i will not work.
    Do you have an open thread for your issue? dont want to hijack this one, i can tell you what i did to at least boot to 4.1.2, however you can no longer OTA to 4.3 until someone figures it out.

Updated yesterday (AT&T). Been working OK, I think. But just discovered that the stock video player app lost the ability to grab still pictures during video playback. I actually used that function quite a bit, so not happy that was pulled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Did you turn your group messages on? You have to manually check it via message settings.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Ditto. Way too bright. Artifical.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #134  

Does anyone notice that Chrome doesn't work as well on 4.3? If I have a tab that's been idle for a while and I go back to it, the webpage it displayed doesn't fully reload or won't load at all; for some websites, like Twitter (mobile version), it just displays a blank page. The only fix for this is to close the tab and open up a new one, but I don't consider that a fix; I shouldn't have to close and reopen tabs just to reload a page. Also, the entire browser randomly crashes for no reason.

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. I generally love using Chrome because it syncs everything up with my desktop Chrome so nicely. Any fixes for this problem? It gets extremely annoying.

Well I did the upgrade to Android 4.3 right before Christmas (23rd). I wanted to do it when I had some time as I was very busy with work. I had trouble with some applications/games that needed me to remove their updates and re-install them. I didn't track the exact apps but for those interested review the Daily Note 2/III Series on Youtube. The author has 5 videos that go over the Android 4.3 update. Although it doesn't match AT&T's update completely many items are helpful.

In my case I'm stuck with one thing. My NFC doesn't appear to be working properly. I can no longer use Isis, and further can't send files with Sbeam. I've stopped the process and restarted it while dumping the cache, rebooted and reset the phone ... all appear ineffective. I went to the AT&T store today and they couldn't get it going either (I know they aren't truly experts). I don't see anyone in the forums complaining about NFC so that worries me. AT&T said expect another update within the next week because they know of some issues.

So how about it? Anyone having issues with NFC performing as it did before the 4.2 to 4.3 change??

I recently had my update 4.3 from At&t for my Galaxy Note 2. Since then I discovered that my Samsung Allshare Dongle (even after the screen mirroring patch App) will no longer connect with my phone. Before the Patch the Dongle at least seem to almost connect but the the screen mirroring would turn off. After the Patch the phone still finds and identifies the Dongle but the Dongle doesn't shows no interaction on the TV.
    I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO A RESET.
    Please help or post any ideas. I have contacted SAMSUNG SUPPORT on Facebook and could only suggest a Factory Reset. Just FYI my Chrome Cast is working great!

Posted via Android Central App

For all you folks that say..."I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO A RESET!" and you're having issues that you didn't have before the update; just deal with them then, because a reset is THE ONLY answer in most cases! I had most of the same issues, and a RESET fixed them all!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I am getting better battery life now with 4.3 than when with 4.1.2. I was rooted and so I did a complete factory reset erasing everything. Next I flashed a official Samsung 4.1.1 ROM in order to downgrade. Then I updated to 4.1.2 via OTA and performed another factory reset after removing root. Finally I performed the official Samsung 4.3 OTA update. The first day it seemed battery life was worse but after 2 or 3 days the battery life is fantastic in my opinion. The other day I unplugged at 6:45am and used it as I normally would and it remained unplugged until 7:00pm and it was still at 45%. I am very pleased with the 4.3 update.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Last edited by ehosey2; 01-02-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.
    S_F

I too saw slightly worse battery performance with the update at first and it has seemed to come back to normal. Either that or I've just become habituated to worse performance........

Yesterday I tried to help a friend upgrade to 4.3 (I have a Note 3), the download worked just fine but restarting and loading the upgrade, it failed. This happened twice. Does anyone know what could be going on here?

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

^ Is your friends Note 2 rooted ? Does the phone say official or modified ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.

Angry Re: 4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

mine is UCAMC3 it says update is available and downloads 750MB or so...restarts and fails installing at 32% consistently.

not sure what's going on.

ATT Galaxy Note 2 i317

My God. So many horror stories, in so many forums and so little time to read them all.

I have not attempted to install 4.3 on my Galaxy Note II (AT&T variant) and I don't plan on doing so in the near future.

My Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version works perfectly fine, thank you.

The second-to-last thing I would ever consider doing is manually checking for an update (via Settings/About device/Software update) and installing anything that I found available (the first thing I would NEVER consider doing would be rooting my device).

To date, I have not received an official notification (on my device) from AT&T that I should install anything and I am certainly NOT going to force the issue manually.

Common sense (if not years of experience) dictates otherwise.

Meanwhile I will patiently sit here using my device and watch all the rest of you rush to jump off the cliff.

End-users never fail to amuse me with their ignorance.

It's just my opinion, but the vast majority of you should probably just put your device back into the packaging it originally came in and return it to the nearest store. You don't deserve technology.
    shrubr likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default 4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

I just updated to 4.3 a few days ago no issues whatsoever, did it manually since there was no notification of some sort, It works better than 4.1.2 with better reception and weather widget finally works, instead of manually turning on gps, with just locations turned on in the settings, battery life seems like it works better with this update, but I have a battery saver app to compensate with brightness in the low settings and turns off data overnight. Only thing I don't like is the bloatware apps and Foxfi not compatible with this updated version.

Sent from my iPad using
    Last edited by acostapimps; 01-09-2014 at 02:27 PM.

I have the GT-N7105 on T-Mobile UK and got the 4.3 update a week or so ago. Since then battery life has been appalling. Used to have close to 50% left at the end of the day (I'm a very light user) and now it asks to be plugged in by about 4pm. I've just done a factory reset today and am still getting all my apps reloaded and logged into all my accounts. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

Horror stories?? This is no different than any other carrier update.

Anytime you do a software upgrade, you should always plan on doing a reset. Almost every one of these issues that people are experiencing are almost always corrected with a factory reset.
    So_Wut, jvak55 and H3aTeRzz like this.

I didn't have to do a factory reset but I found the battery life has improved! It is about the same if I am out and have no WiFi connection.. using 4G LTE only. But when I am home, with WiFi and only 2 bars of mobile signal, my battery life has doubled or more. Normally at home, my battery will slowly drain about 2 or 3% per hour with the phone just sitting there doing nothing. Now it is almost flat line when it is just sitting there at home.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylinde View Post
    Will see how it goes tomorrow.
    Not wonderfully! The reset made things slightly better. It now lasts until about eight o'clock at night before demanding power. I shudder to think what the phone will be like if I take it out of the house and use it during the day. Samsung should be ashamed of releasing such a rubbish update.
    shrubr likes this.

After rejecting the update a couple of weeks ago because of all the complaints about it, I decided to go ahead and install it Friday night.

I followed the same process I always do for Android updates. I enabled the 20+ apps I had disabled and backed up everything with My Backup Pro, powered off and cleared the phone's cache, rebooted and downloaded and installed the update. Following successful completion of the update, I powered down again and cleared the cache and rebooted. I then proceeded to disabling all the apps I don't need/use and rebooted again.

The update seems perfectly fine to me. I've noticed much better battery life today than before the update after slightly worse yesterday. My phone seems faster and I don't really notice anything any different than 4.1.2 except for the changes of how things look, like the email app having the buttons at the bottom now and the transparent notification bar among other things that people have mentioned.

Totally happy with this update. It seems if you take the time to research before the update and follow some simple dos and don'ts, the update usually goes fine.

Hi ReginaLiz,

I don't know if you already found a solution to your problem. I downloaded the upgrade to 4.3 about two weeks ago and started having the same problem with S Note a few days after the download. I kept trying to open S Note, by touching the home screen an also the app icon on the apps screen, and it would not work (have some very important notes on that app that I couldn't afford to lose!).

I then pulled the S Pen out, which opened a blank note, scribbled something on it and then saved it. When I then tried to open S Note, it was working again. I honestly don't know if it was because of the S Pen or what, but I have not had any more problems.

Hope this helps,

Ana
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast