Kindle App on AT&T Note 2 phone not working

ccagte6

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I hadn't used my Kindle app in a while and I went to it tonight only to find it was no longer installed. I tried to download it but I kept getting the message, "Application cannot download to default location."

Anyone else have this problem? Find a solution? TIA!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you know it was no longer installed? Could you no longer find it in the App Drawer or App Manager?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And just to be clear, you've checked your App Drawer to make sure it didn't somehow become hidden, or your App Manager to make sure it didn't become disabled? What I'm trying to determine is if it might still be present in some way, but then got corrupted or disabled. If Kindle came preinstalled, then it can never really be completely uninstalled if you're unrooted--it would have to be either corrupted or disabled. To find disabled apps, go to Settings>Apps, or the App Manager, and either look for a Disabled category, or go to the Settings>Apps>All list and scroll all the way to the bottom. If you do find Kindle is disabled, tap it and tap Enable.

ccagte6

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've checked and it's not disabled. It was preinstalled because I've downloaded books before but then I started using Google Books and deleted the icon from my screen. I went to buy a book only found on the kindle and it's now gone. Ive updated my phone software a few times so I don't know if the upgrade deleted it. I've read on other sites that everyone's having problems with the app so I was just wondering if anyone had found a solution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit of a head-scratcher. You might try wiping the system cache partition--maybe there's some leftover data from a previous OS version that is messing things up. When you wipe the system cache partition, you won't lose any personal data or settings. Follow the following steps, but instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition."

Perform a hardware factory reset - Samsung Galaxy Note® II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It has to be something specific to your phone. I know that if you are rooted some apps WILL NOT work due to copyright protection schemes. I myself am not rooted and I have the kindle app with 2 books currently.
hebyby9a.jpg
5a6agu4e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk