AT&T Note 2: Battery life horrible after update.

axwhipmaker

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Help! I just upgraded my Note 2 and the battery drain went up considerably (about 100%) Also, it seems like pretty much all my apps are running in the background - something that did not happen before the update.
What can I o to fix this? Is there an app that lets me take control of what's running or one that lets me back up my apps and data to a cloud so I can do a factory reset? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveG67

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery life horrible after update.

A screenshot with your battery stats would REEEEALLY help, lol. You're asking to find a needle in a haystack.
Also, check google settings and auto sync settings to see if anything you DON'T want running, IS running.

axwhipmaker

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Dave,

Here you go:

Another thing I noticed: When the phone sits on the bedside table it keeps my alarm clock buzzing - something it never did before.

axwhipmaker

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Ignore the alarm clock thing. That was totally unrelated to the update. Still, the battery drain is atrocious. I read that I should wait a few days and it would get back to normal but so far it seems to be getting worse.

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset solved this problem for me, and it has worked for others as well. The fix was instant and quite apparent in my case. Helium allows for app backup. Give it a look.

Posted via Android Central App

DaveG67

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
How's your cell reception? Your cell signal is using up a huge portion of the battery which shouldn't really be happening. I've had that issue recently and if you tap on it, it will tell you how long the phone has been without signal. My knowledge on that is limited but I don't believe that anything can be done about that on your end. Can you post a screencap of your screen on-time? If it was on for quite a bit, that would make sense. Otherwise you might want to consider dropping the screen brightness to something you're comfortable with.

All-in-all, judging by your initial screenshot, I would check Google settings and check what is syncing, DEFINITELY double check Google photos auto backup settings and preferably set to "Only while charging." Looks like there might be a lot of syncing going on in the background at different intervals which can prevent the CPU from going into deep sleep. Requesting screencap of battery life, screen on time, and cell signal.

DaveG67

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Best of luck. Usually a clean wipe will get rid of most problems, but if not, you're probably looking at syncing issues or maybe the brightness.