AT&T Note 2: Battery life horrible after update.
Help! I just upgraded my Note 2 and the battery drain went up considerably (about 100%) Also, it seems like pretty much all my apps are running in the background - something that did not happen before the update.
What can I o to fix this? Is there an app that lets me take control of what's running or one that lets me back up my apps and data to a cloud so I can do a factory reset? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- 01-20-2014, 03:05 PM #2
- 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM #4
- 01-25-2014, 06:18 AM #6
- 01-27-2014, 11:38 PM #7
Re: AT&T Note 2: Battery life horrible after update.
How's your cell reception? Your cell signal is using up a huge portion of the battery which shouldn't really be happening. I've had that issue recently and if you tap on it, it will tell you how long the phone has been without signal. My knowledge on that is limited but I don't believe that anything can be done about that on your end. Can you post a screencap of your screen on-time? If it was on for quite a bit, that would make sense. Otherwise you might want to consider dropping the screen brightness to something you're comfortable with.
All-in-all, judging by your initial screenshot, I would check Google settings and check what is syncing, DEFINITELY double check Google photos auto backup settings and preferably set to "Only while charging." Looks like there might be a lot of syncing going on in the background at different intervals which can prevent the CPU from going into deep sleep. Requesting screencap of battery life, screen on time, and cell signal.
- 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM #9
- By sbudaj in forum LG G2Replies: 13Last Post: 04-11-2015, 03:11 PM
- By Cam Beauchamp in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2014, 03:34 AM
- By Bbnivende in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 01-22-2014, 04:27 PM
- By vjhvettes in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 5Last Post: 01-20-2014, 08:59 PM
- By andyr3ad in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-20-2014, 02:16 AM