- 2 Posts
Dropped My Note 2 & screen is now blacked out!
I dropped my Note 2 the other day, battery this way, back cover that way (yes I panicked).....I took a deep breath, gathered the pieces (to my surprise the screen was not cracked)& put back together. I powered it back on and to my surprise everything worked like before. Went to sleep later that night, & woke up in the middle of the night, went to check the time on my phone & it was blacked out! I was able to the light around the edges of the screen, which helped me know what screen I was on...then it eventually went totally black. Do I need to replace the LCD being though the screen itself is fine? Please Help!!!
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-24-2014, 05:05 PM #2
Re: Dropped My Note 2 & screen is now blacked out!
Most likely the LCD w/digitizer component was damaged from the drop so yes the LCD should be replaced.Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):
Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
- By skullfreak in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace ThreadsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM
- By BuBu Shofronea in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 01-26-2014, 04:48 AM
- By DarksideDave69 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2014, 01:39 AM
- By JD_015 in forum LG EnlightenReplies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2014, 06:15 PM
- By David Chen Poh Seng in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:58 PM