Qi wireless charging systems

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone have any experience with the Qi wireless charging systems? I tried it with my Note 2 and it dosen't seem to charge.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No one?? I have wireless charging pads all over the house... Nexus 5, HTC 8x, converted S3... Now I have switched my wife to ATT version of the Note 2 and I want to convert her phone. So I have same question...

Also curious about best receiver for the Note 2. The one in the S3 is a bit bulky.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung one would perform the best and run the coolest.

There are pads from third parties that you put between the battery and door, if bulk is the primary concern.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have one of those pads in my S3....makes a high point in the back... Phone will spin like a top. Lol. I put it in a LifeProof case and it charges fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have one of those pads in my S3....makes a high point in the back... Phone will spin like a top. Lol. I put it in a LifeProof case and it charges fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah it does bulge where the pad is a little bit but most cases should fit

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

buchrob

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Knuckles rapped previously, so not allowed to include outside links. I can't tell directly you which one to avoid.

One point to make: large capacity battery on Note 2 will need much more oomph than the typical unbranded Chinese wireless charger can supply. Laws of electricity reign: current will flow from high voltage to low. The unit I had actually would drain a full battery. Supplier was gracious and refunded.

I would have been happy with a slow charge to avoid putting stress on the charging connection, but it was not to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance