Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    no1

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Default Inconsistent charging after 4.4.2 on Note 2

The AT&T 4.4.2 update pushed out last week, and I completed the OTA update. A factory reset was done before and after the update, as was a cache wipe. It ran fine for a couple of days, then I noticed the phone would not charge when plugged into the wall, regardless of the cable or the charger. The AT&T store popped in another battery - still no charge, but we completed another factory reset. On two occasions, it has briefly indicated a charge in process; on one occasion, it has charged fully. No play or damage is visible in the charging port area.

The short term solution was to order a charging stand and spare battery. I have the same issue with the Samsung replacement battery. Pulling the battery every day for a swap is going to get old quickly.

Samsung didn't have any indication of similar problems.

Has anyone else seen this issue since the update, and if so, were you able to pinpoint the problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Inconsistent charging after 4.4.2 on Note 2

Sounds like your cable is bad. I had the same issue. I had to get another cable and it now charges just fine. I think 4.4.2 is just a coincidence.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    no1

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I have tried different cables. I am now getting random dock connected notifications.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    no1

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I finally disassembled the device to get a closer look at the charging port and related board. All connections were solid. While the phone was apart, I used compressed air to ensure no dust or other small debris was causing an intermittent short.

Long story short - no problems for a couple of weeks now!

I have Note2 and have "no network connectivity" even I'm connected to wifi. Is it my phone or software problem.

my problem on my note 2 after the 4.4.2 update is about my sd card . it says blank sd card . does anyone here has the same problem as mine?.thanks