Recieving single mesages as a group??

idrum4theking

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I just switched from Verizon to Cricket. Everything went pretty smooth less not being able to receive mms.

I then did a little research and changed my settings to this (see settings below) I had my wife send me a pic msg and it now worked! However, I received the msg as a group including her profile and my own as "me". I did have a profile under "me" on this phone (not hers) with my own cell number on it. I deleted that contact but I am still having the problem. Again this only happens with mms msgs. Not regular txt msgs. I was wondering of one of the settings could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User name: Not set
Password : Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 150
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
These have nothing to do with your problem (probably, but who knows - changing the MMSC [Multimedia Messaging Service Center] and MMS proxy may change something), but according to Cricket's site, the following should be changed:

MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl

(Cricketwireless.net is the same IP as aiowireless.net. att.net is a different IP. So either of the first two will give you the same result.)

idrum4theking

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I made those changes and like you stated it did not fix the issue.

Today I had a friend send me a picture and I watched my phone. As the msg loads onto my phone it shows it going into the individual texts thread of the sender but at the last minute it bumps it out and starts a new thread with the group msg containing them and me as senders? If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.