Lost all email A/Cs

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Crazy stuff is happening along with the shutting off of the phone a few times a day. Now, all my email A/Cs are gone. Entries in the calender are gone. If I press on the screen too long a blue border pops up and hides edges of the page. And, ours impossible to backspace to edit emails. Someone's it works, other times it, erased characters 2 lines above, always above. That doesn't happen in here or anywhere else, only in email.

I did a phone reset a month or so ago and things were fine, then I lost the calender entries and so on.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on or what I should do.

I did a screen capture of the device status and updates but I don't know how to get it in here, on this page. Is there a picture insert function anywhere?

Obviously, I have 4.4.2 and I wonder if i've downloaded too many programs. How much free memory should I have?

Help, please.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
It seems like memory is getting used up very fast. According to the Stoage stats:

Total Space 16mb
System Memory 4.93GB
Used Space 4.80GB ( have 4400 contacts, some with pictures and detail) I'm killing about 3,000 I don 't need
Casched Data 705MB
Available Space 6.17GB ( that might have been lower but after the reset, all programs see to go back to the device and you have to put them back on the SD card)

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So tonight things really went crazy with the phone. First it seemed like it was stuck on the AT&T globe and then that goes away and the regular screen comes up and they said black text box that says something about you UIDs not right and then going to have to get rid of that partition or the phone will be unstable but something like that. And that would stay on and I couldn't get rid of it. So I called AT&T and they try to get me in with safe mode and that didn't work too well either and they told me to go to Best Buy. So on the way to Best Buy that black box disappeared in the phone seems to work. But lots of stuff with missing, I mean programs, apps. Just for the hell of it I looked at the memory used and where it was 4.82 gigabytes used a few days ago and then 3.8 gigabytes used after I got rid of Google Earth, tonight it was 1.65 used leaving a good deal more memory. But missing where a whole bunch of programs including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel big memory drains. Anyway, the guy who was at Best Buy tonight didn't seem to have the same technical ability as the guy who is there in the daytime and he said I should come back tomorrow so they could do a reset and monitor it vs just me doing a reset as I did about 2 months ago. It may just be that that reloading of the operating system didn't work too well and left problems. So, until working now in there are a lot of programs missing but I don't care right now. I'm going to have to do something probably this week about a new phone and I don't want one without an interchangeable battery. The guy at Best Buy said, it looks like Samsung is going to make new releases for phones in January, at least that's what the rumor is from Korea. Samsung must of taken a big hit on their brilliant idea of giving all those people who came to Samsung because they had interchangeable batteries and SD cards, or reason to leave.

I am now looking at the Microsoft Lumia 950xl. The Galaxy Note 5 is a very nice phone but you can't change the battery and you can't put in an SD card so according to this guy at Best Buy, there will be a new S 7 and a galaxy note 6 pretty soon. You know they have all those employees locked up in work dorms so that when they have to make changes they can do them very quickly. Probably the next generation of Samsung phones won't be much advanced from the s6 and then Note 5 but but it will have what we need.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Update: I did a complete system erase and reset and all seems to be ok. However, the one problem I had was with Smart Switch in that is all or nothing. Two months ago I did a wipe and reset. Yesterday, when my phone came back I backed up the contacts and messages because those changed. I assumed the other things I backed up 2 months before would have remained. Nope, only the contacts and messages existed for Smart Switch.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084