Does the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 have a Recycle Bin?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Does 4.4.2 have a file that's like a recycle bin, after many deletions, such as contacts, do they go into a temporary holding file that just gets enormous and needs to be deleted or emptied?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge no Android phone has that, but I might be wrong. In any case, it may be temporary files (like app temp files or Cache) that might pile up, but they eventually get deleted.

When you delete something from your phone, it's gone for good. On a low level, though, the file is just 'hidden' from the system and the bits actually are still there until something else comes on top of it an re-writes that space on the memory (which is what those file recovery tools tend to look for; where the file was and see if the bits are still there, untouched).

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm running out of memory, I have like .2GB and about .700GB in cache, so I'm trying to create more memory. I already moved everything I could to the SD card, apps and files.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely it's in extra downloads from apps, cache, and temporary files. You can clear Cache from your Application Manager or in Recovery Mode.

Also remember that while you can move apps to SD card, the main file always resides in internal memory, and it's up to each app to 'decide' what content can be moved to the card (extra files, images, etc.), if any... and if the app updates, most of the time it moves back the content to the internal storage.