GPS not working in Maps

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm having this GPS problem with my Note 2 so, I was going to buy a Note 4 tomorrow till I saw that the Note 4 is having the same problems too.

Everything was fine for 4 years until about a month ago. Now it draws the map and when I want to start it says Searching For GPS and stays like that. It kind of follows along where I'm going, after the fact, but I get no directions. The other day it was raining very hard and I had no idea where to turn.

Dlcpa

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Very interesting, I have the Note 2 now AT&T. I'm having the same GPS problems with Google Maps but Waze worked right from the get-go but when I made my first turn I couldn't find the GPS. I looked to see what was open and Google Maps and Uber were open so I closed them and then I never have another problem again. Keep in mind Waze doesn't have satellite view so it's less of a drain on memory or ram or whatever. I got to my location without a problem. It seems to be a little bit slower than Google Maps because I had that on my tablet. Now I'm having second thoughts about shelling out $250 for a Note 4.

Here's the thing , I probably need another cell phone line for business at least for a while because my old area code is 516 and I moved to 561 so people at screwing things up and I could be losing calls. So my options are, to get another phone like a note 4 for $250 and pay $15 a month for a second line AT&T or To get one of the buy one get one free phones, pay $30 a month and another 15 for the second line. That's 45 a month but if I lose my phone or it breaks I'll have the other one as a backup and then I can reactivate Note 2 as the other line. With the brand new phones I'll be paying $45 a month more plus tax, that's also tax deductible because my primary use is for business.

However I was planning on getting an LG v20 but that seems to be coming out without a changeable battery. So I don't know what's left as far as phones with changeable batteries. It is amazing the Note 2 it's still working fine except for that GPS problem which could be solved with Waze or maybe taking Google Maps off satellite mode, I have not tried that.

The cheapest thing would be to just buy the Note 4, pay 15 bucks a month more and use the Note 2 for the other line , at least until I can figure out what I want to do. How reliable are these Galaxy Note 4s

sealover1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem so is this happening to the Samsung note 4 as well then? :( cuz I was thinking of doing the same thing and upgrading my phone to solve the problem, if you find a fix please PM me as I will do the same for you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci