Is the size too much?

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking about this phone for months but still go back to the pocket size.

I have big hands so no problem there. I just don't know if it would fit in my pocket with jeans on. The SG2 fits kinda snug.

This phone messes with the same side of the brain that makes you want a 2 seater sports car with a 5 person family.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking about this phone for months but still go back to the pocket size.

I have big hands so no problem there. I just don't know if it would fit in my pocket with jeans on. The SG2 fits kinda snug.

This phone messes with the same side of the brain that makes you want a 2 seater sports car with a 5 person family.

Unless you're wearing really tight pants the size isn't a problem. It's really thin, just a bit wide. Even with a TPU case on mine, it fits easily in my pants pocket. It's a lot lighter than the Dell Streak I had just before it.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have something you could use as a stand in to test? I had an external usb hard drive lying around that was within .5" in all dimensions of the note. I tried it out in my pocket. Fit with room to spare.

ronhoney

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I did a cutout to the dimensions to check pocketability & no problem. Can hardly wait for the AT&T release.....BUT there are reports that possible follow-on devices (Samsung GT-N8010 & others) have cleared WiFi certification. Could be the Note 2 or a new tablet. Do ya wait & hope for a quad-core, gorilla glass 2 device or go with the original SGN??

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll be going with the international version because I'm sick of at&t branded phones. There are reports that the N8010 is a tablet.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The device outline in FCC report is clearly more square than the note so I suspect it is a regular tablet with wide bezel all the way around even if it is small it is not like a Note. Now if you want to wait there will probably be a quad core Note later in the year.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mobile world Congress is at the end of Feb. If there is a newer Note coming soon, Samsung may announce it then. The Note seems to be popular around the world so Samsung probably will have new one some time.
If you got the international or AT&T version, you could sell it when the new one is released.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. Do you think that the Note will come to other carriers? I had picked this as my next phone and then it landed on AT&T. Would the international version work with Verizon?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I wear a suit jacket at work each day, and carry my Tab 7.0 perfectly fine using the inside jacket pocket. I also carry my Epic 4g Touch in my back dress pants pocket with no problem.

I am really looking forward to the Galaxy Note, because then I can carry one device. There are several youtube video demonstrations that show an average person wearing an avarage pear of jeans fitting the Note inside their pocket just fine, with room to spare and the ability to sit and stand with no problem.

I think hearing 5.3 inche display makes people think it's too big, but in reality once you use it, you'll probably wonder how you got along without it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll be going with the international version because I'm sick of at&t branded phones. There are reports that the N8010 is a tablet.

I got my International GNote for Christmas and this week I received the 3rd firmware update since owning it. The updates just keep improving the experience!

Wish we had that with my skyrocket. Still can't get the bluetooth to work...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was soooo ready for the note bit no HDMI is a deal breaker. Shame.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agreed that the mini hdmi is so much easier than the MHL adapter that Samsung uses. I use the MHL on my skyrocket and GNote (International) and this is a big feature for Samsung, so I am certain they will have it on the ATT version. The MHL adapter uses a full sized HDMI cable and you need to have your power cord hooked up to it for it to work. Not as simple as a mini HDMI setup, but it works well for mirroring to your TV.

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering if this will get ICS. I know, I know, Samsung has said they will upgrade the international version, but AT&T has such a horrible history with upgrades, and from what I've heard, ICS will scream on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan