Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Default Is the size too much?

I have been thinking about this phone for months but still go back to the pocket size.

I have big hands so no problem there. I just don't know if it would fit in my pocket with jeans on. The SG2 fits kinda snug.

This phone messes with the same side of the brain that makes you want a 2 seater sports car with a 5 person family.

Default Re: Is the size too much?

Quote Originally Posted by ricktat View Post
    I have been thinking about this phone for months but still go back to the pocket size.

I have big hands so no problem there. I just don't know if it would fit in my pocket with jeans on. The SG2 fits kinda snug.

This phone messes with the same side of the brain that makes you want a 2 seater sports car with a 5 person family.
    Unless you're wearing really tight pants the size isn't a problem. It's really thin, just a bit wide. Even with a TPU case on mine, it fits easily in my pants pocket. It's a lot lighter than the Dell Streak I had just before it.

Probably not jeans pockets unless they are a bit loose. Most slacks, no problem.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Do you have something you could use as a stand in to test? I had an external usb hard drive lying around that was within .5" in all dimensions of the note. I tried it out in my pocket. Fit with room to spare.

Wear man pants and you should be fine.

I did a cutout to the dimensions to check pocketability & no problem. Can hardly wait for the AT&T release.....BUT there are reports that possible follow-on devices (Samsung GT-N8010 & others) have cleared WiFi certification. Could be the Note 2 or a new tablet. Do ya wait & hope for a quad-core, gorilla glass 2 device or go with the original SGN??

I can't wait. I want a Samsung Galaxy Note. 5" and all.

I'll be going with the international version because I'm sick of at&t branded phones. There are reports that the N8010 is a tablet.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

The device outline in FCC report is clearly more square than the note so I suspect it is a regular tablet with wide bezel all the way around even if it is small it is not like a Note. Now if you want to wait there will probably be a quad core Note later in the year.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Mobile world Congress is at the end of Feb. If there is a newer Note coming soon, Samsung may announce it then. The Note seems to be popular around the world so Samsung probably will have new one some time.
    If you got the international or AT&T version, you could sell it when the new one is released.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I'm on Verizon. Do you think that the Note will come to other carriers? I had picked this as my next phone and then it landed on AT&T. Would the international version work with Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by ateamlawn View Post
    I'm on Verizon. Do you think that the Note will come to other carriers? I had picked this as my next phone and then it landed on AT&T. Would the international version work with Verizon?
    http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/16...alaxy-journal/
    DAS

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

I wear a suit jacket at work each day, and carry my Tab 7.0 perfectly fine using the inside jacket pocket. I also carry my Epic 4g Touch in my back dress pants pocket with no problem.

I am really looking forward to the Galaxy Note, because then I can carry one device. There are several youtube video demonstrations that show an average person wearing an avarage pear of jeans fitting the Note inside their pocket just fine, with room to spare and the ability to sit and stand with no problem.

I think hearing 5.3 inche display makes people think it's too big, but in reality once you use it, you'll probably wonder how you got along without it.

The Samsung Galaxy Note Vs Galaxy S II Vs Pockets Showdown / "Pocketability" demo!

Now that I have my N1 whenever my wife says "Are you sure?" I go online and show her.

The QR code of my Avatar is for a link to bone marrow donor registration. The more donors that are registered, the better a match for those receiving the transplant. It can not ONLY make the difference between life and death from excruciatingly agonizing graft vs host disease, but it can make an enormous difference in over all health care costs.

I was soooo ready for the note bit no HDMI is a deal breaker. Shame.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post
    I'll be going with the international version because I'm sick of at&t branded phones. There are reports that the N8010 is a tablet.
    I got my International GNote for Christmas and this week I received the 3rd firmware update since owning it. The updates just keep improving the experience!

Wish we had that with my skyrocket. Still can't get the bluetooth to work...

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by sabrerider View Post
    I was soooo ready for the note bit no HDMI is a deal breaker.
    You can buy a MHL HDMI adapter. At least for the international one. Don't see why ATT version would lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrerider View Post
    I was soooo ready for the note bit no HDMI is a deal breaker. Shame.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Agreed that the mini hdmi is so much easier than the MHL adapter that Samsung uses. I use the MHL on my skyrocket and GNote (International) and this is a big feature for Samsung, so I am certain they will have it on the ATT version. The MHL adapter uses a full sized HDMI cable and you need to have your power cord hooked up to it for it to work. Not as simple as a mini HDMI setup, but it works well for mirroring to your TV.

randall2580 likes this.

I'm just wondering if this will get ICS. I know, I know, Samsung has said they will upgrade the international version, but AT&T has such a horrible history with upgrades, and from what I've heard, ICS will scream on this.

I'm curious, are folks planning on using this as their primary phone? I'm tempted to get either the Note or a Galaxy Tab 7.7 as a go everywhere tablet-style device.

I am. I have a HP Touchpad with CM9 on it which I will still use. The note will be my main phone and it might replace some work related things on my TP. We shall see.

I do not really use my phone to much for talking. I mainly text and have short convos with my wife. For when I do need to call, I will get a bluetooth to use with the Note.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Quote Originally Posted by Nchaka View Post
    Mobile world Congress is at the end of Feb. If there is a newer Note coming soon, Samsung may announce it then. The Note seems to be popular around the world so Samsung probably will have new one some time.
    If you got the international or AT&T version, you could sell it when the new one is released.
    The first note came out in September. The second will likely follow suit, somewhere towards the end of the year, not the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by KeilwerthSX90R View Post
    I'm curious, are folks planning on using this as their primary phone? I'm tempted to get either the Note or a Galaxy Tab 7.7 as a go everywhere tablet-style device.
    Yep. The note is too small for a tablet device IMHO, but it's a lovely size for a smartphone if you want to emphasize the features besides the phone. The note's screen is less than half the size of the 7.7's screen, and I think 7" is the smallest size tablets can really get to differentiate them from phones comfortably.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

It would be my regular phone. But same thing...I don't make alot of voice calls. I text alot, some Skype Video calls, alot of web and email. I have a wi-fi Galaxy 10.1, so the Note doesn't need to be my full-time tablet per se. But I wouldn't be shocked if my 10.1 collects a little dust. My wife thinks the Note is ridiculous! But she knows not to stand in my way when I get my inner phone geek on.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket via Tapatalk
    Uncle Louie likes this.

Cuseguy, "But she knows not to stand in my way when I get my inner phone geek on". Great line. I have quoted you several times.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast