SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. LTE. Plus I'm rooting so I will remove bloat anyway. I don't care about branding either. The exynos is a better processor yes, but the Qualcomm is fine. It's not a deal breaker.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. LTE. Plus I'm rooting so I will remove bloat anyway. I don't care about branding either. The exynos is a better processor yes, but the Qualcomm is fine. It's not a deal breaker.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Exactly my thoughts. The bloatware is a non-issue with root and the S3 is still pretty fast and it overclocks easily...if you desire.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Exactly my thoughts. The bloatware is a non-issue with root and the S3 is still pretty fast and it overclocks easily...if you desire.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk

So true! I would rather have LTE and overclock than have the exynos and lack of LTE. It's true you do get spoiled when you have LTE and then go back to hspa+ lol I think so anyways.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm see the LTE is a non issue for me here in the backwoods of Eastern Kentucky. Hell, they didn't even have 3G here until Nov 30th of 2010..so I don't see LTE anywhere, even a hundred mile radius in the near future.
By then I'll be on to the next big thing.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd definitely want the International version in that case too.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy II SR via Tapatalk

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to get this phone so bad but I'm currently with Sprint.

I am willing to buy off-contract from at&t but I asked a rep on the phone and she wasn't aware of what the off-contract price would be?

Somewhere it was mentioned buying an unlocked international version and while I'm tempted to do so, I have no experience with such a transaction and it makes me a little nervous. However, I kinda like the idea someone else suggested of buying the GNote on contract for $300, waiting a month past the refund period and then early terminate for $325. Excluding tax my out-of-pocket would be $625.

Thoughts or help anyone?

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to get this phone so bad but I'm currently with Sprint.

I am willing to buy off-contract from at&t but I asked a rep on the phone and she wasn't aware of what the off-contract price would be?

Somewhere it was mentioned buying an unlocked international version and while I'm tempted to do so, I have no experience with such a transaction and it makes me a little nervous. However, I kinda like the idea someone else suggested of buying the GNote on contract for $300, waiting a month past the refund period and then early terminate for $325. Excluding tax my out-of-pocket would be $625.

Thoughts or help anyone?

Why would you buy the Note if you're on Sprint? You can't use it. Your out of pocket would actually be more than 625 because you need to factor in the month of service they're going to charge you. A brand new international Note would cost you about the same as going through all the stuff you're contemplating.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Why would you buy the Note if you're on Sprint? You can't use it. Your out of pocket would actually be more than 625 because you need to factor in the month of service they're going to charge you. A brand new international Note would cost you about the same as going through all the stuff you're contemplating.

Good point. Although I'm with Sprint I was thinking to add a second account/carrier with at&t just for this phone. I have wanted this phone since it was announced last September. I am not under contract with Sprint, since I always buy my phones off-contract. However, I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, but I've heard no rumblings about this phone coming to Sprint.

My real problem is that I would not be transferring my number, but opening a brand new off-contract account. That means for a while I would have two phone numbers and two phones. However, it's the only way to truly test this phone out in real world conditions for use case in my sphere of living. If I like it as much as I think I will then I would leave Sprint and stay with the Note on at&t. If I don't like it, I can always sell the Note, since it will be paid for, and I won't be under any contract obligation to at&t. At that point I would just keep using my GS2 Epic Touch with Sprint until something else comes along.

The cost for the month of service is going to be there no matter which buying option I decide; unlocked International or direct from At&t.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If we would get LTE in our area in the next...2 years(which I know our area won't) I probably would have waited on the AT&T version. Just pulled the trigger on a white international unlocked version. Better processor, better battery life, no bloatware(yes I know you can remove it, but I don't like hacking my phones as much anymore...)

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
One other thing to consider-Samsung USA gives no support for the International version of phones. This includes warranty coverage as well. Found this out when I looked into international SGSII.
$650 is a lot to risk on a phone with no warranty...

Reactions: malacide

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech