Features ?

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Does the note have NFC? Is there the ability to turn off 4G or HSPA+ individually, which would be based off what my my usage requires to save battery life.

I am coming from on iPhone and am very interested in this thing.

tbonepat11

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The At&t one does not have NFC from what hands on I have seen. There is nothing indicating it on the battery at all. I have no clue about the 4G.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does the note have NFC? Is there the ability to turn off 4G or HSPA+ individually, which would be based off what my my usage requires to save battery life.

I am coming from on iPhone and am very interested in this thing.

They have not mentioned that the ATT version has NFC nor does the International version. The Skyrocket which is LTE, does not have the ability to switch from LTE to HSPA+, I do not know about the Vivid or Nitro HD. I would not count on being about to do that if you are in an LTE market since ATT is pushing their LTE network where available.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Engadget Mobile editors were pretty sure that the AtT Note has NFC framework in the software, but not enabled yet thus not advertised. But could just be something showing up on the demo device also since it is not shipping yet. They compared it to the international version that did not appear to have any NFC.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is the processor the same as the unlocked international version? Just wondering how that would effect the overall performance of the phone? Anyone have any ideas??

GO PATRIOTS (PLEASE)

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Is the processor the same as the unlocked international version? Just wondering how that would effect the overall performance of the phone? Anyone have any ideas??

GO PATRIOTS (PLEASE)

No. The international version uses the Samsung Exynos Dual-Core 1.4ghz. The AT&T version uses the Dual-Core 1.5ghz S3 Qualcomm SnapDragon. The Exynos is considered superior but does not have LTE capability currently. And honestly, the performance difference is not nearly as big as many would have you believe, if you judge by current benchmark software like Antutu. Both will hit around 6800-7200 on any given test. But I am positive someone will come in and say how superior Exynos is.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy II SR via Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Can I use my SIM card from my GS2 in the Note?

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Are we talking OG SGSII, AT&T SGSII or AT&T Skyrocket? as you know the Skyrocket is the only one of these that uses an LTE sim, so if you put in a SGSII sim it will not get LTE. I heard that the AT&T Note will only be sold with 2yr contract, to start so you be getting a new sim anyway.

1jaxstate1

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T galaxy S 2. I'm going to add a second line but use the note on the current line. I don't need LTE speeds.
Are we talking OG SGSII, AT&T SGSII or AT&T Skyrocket? as you know the Skyrocket is the only one of these that uses an LTE sim, so if you put in a SGSII sim it will not get LTE. I heard that the AT&T Note will only be sold with 2yr contract, to start so you be getting a new sim anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T galaxy S 2. I'm going to add a second line but use the note on the current line. I don't need LTE speeds.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

I did the same thing with my BlackBerry and my SGS II Skyrocket at a Corp AT&T store. If you ask they will make the SIM's right so you get LTE on the Samsung, they were very cool about helping out with it.

Reactions: 1jaxstate1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC