Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Oh, hey guys, just a Galaxy Note.

This thing is big.

Default Re: Oh, hey guys, just a Galaxy Note.

Did you recieve it today or are you just posting a random picture???

And if its yours where did you get it?

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Trying to visually compare the size of that vs the size of my Nexus, and the Note looks enormous.

I found the physical dimensions of the phone, and did my own mock-up, and while it's bigger, it doesn't actually look THAT much bigger. I could emulate the same feel by changing my DPI and the number of icons on the screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's my picture, my phone. It's not from a pre-order though. That's all I'll say there. I can compare it to stuff if you want.

Ah ok. I was wondering what store in Philly I would have to drive to

Quote Originally Posted by anothernewphone View Post
    That's my picture, my phone. It's not from a pre-order though. That's all I'll say there. I can compare it to stuff if you want.
    you must work for AT&T, or are a tester :P

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

This thing is big.
    It aint braggin if it's true...

On the phone size .com sight, I compared the Note next to the Dell Streak 5, which only seemed too large if you were holding it to your head to talk on...but the Streak seemed a little too long for its width---the Note appeared to be just a little bit shorter (on the website)...does it appear to proportioned a little better? If you've ever played with a Streak, I think you'll know what I'm trying to ask...

for me the bigger the better...i look forward to the attention this phone brings.

Thanked by:
    Jonneh, Nchaka and mbnocx like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I used to have a couple Dell Streaks, and I liked them. I got used to the form factor, but the Android 2.2 lockscreen gave me too much trouble on my device. It wouldn't slide to unlock, and would take upwards of 15 tries to get it to open. I ditched it and went to the Galaxy S. Now, with the Note, it feels better in the hand than the Streak did. It's not too wide, great for two-handed use.

I hate to say it, but it feels like a small tablet. It's not a starter for me. I'm still going to keep my Skyrocket for my main phone, and my work device will be the Note, at least for a little while. I was holding out to use the Note for a while before I decided on buying a GNex for myself. I think after using this, I'm gonna break down and buy a GNex in a month or two.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

I went to the at&t store yesterday and they had a display unit for anyone to hold and get a sense of how it would feel in the hands.

Athough it was not a working unit, I'm convinced the Galaxy is Note is the phone to have. It's actually not as big as it may appear on Youtube or from others (mostly who have never touched the device) seem to imply. What blew me away more than the phone was the BIG cost of at&t's data and talk plans

I have no problem with the phone, but it may be the cost of service with at&t that's my biggest hurdle.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I went to the at&t store yesterday and they had a display unit for anyone to hold and get a sense of how it would feel in the hands.

Athough it was not a working unit, I'm convinced the Galaxy is Note is the phone to have. It's actually not as big as it may appear on Youtube or from others (mostly who have never touched the device) seem to imply. What blew me away more than the phone was the BIG cost of at&t's data and talk plans

I have no problem with the phone, but it may be the cost of service with at&t that's my biggest hurdle.
    If you're comparing AT&T to Sprint, you can get 450 landline minutes, unlimited texting, unlimited calls to any cell phone (same as Sprint), and 3GB of data. The monthly cost for that would be the exact same, $90 per month. If you use things such as tethering or WiFi Hotspot, then that would drive you cost up to be more than what Sprint offers. For your average customer, it's the same. I understand that the "average customer" might not be your typical Android Central reader. We tend to be a little more than average.

its 80 dollars with sprint with unlimited slow data, not 90.

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airborne501 View Post
    sprint's 3g data has been horrible the last few months.. luckily 4G coverage is pretty good in my area
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by airborne501 View Post
    $79.99 + $10 4G fee for WiMAx devices, right?

$79.99 + $10 4G fee for WiMAx devices, right?
    No, it's $69.99 + $10
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

I believe Sprint has dropped the +10 from their listings, and now just say $79.99 for unlimited data.

I find that Sprint's 3g speeds acceptable for email, web browsing, and general task when I'm out using my Epic Touch. For the heavy lifting data usage I'm usually at home or at another wifi hotspot so I'm not using 3g in those instances and data speeds are not a problem.

I went to Best Buy yesterday to see the Note. They had a non-working display unit, and I thought it fit well in my hand, it fit in my pocket as well, but awkward. I'm an active person, and have broken phone screens before, while in my pocket. Then I did the "up to the head test" I had to look around first to see if anybody was looking, it felt more awkward than the pocket test, and I'm not a walk around with a Bluetooth guy. I wanted to like it, so bad, but the pocket test and up to head test left me thinking twice. I will go back and have a second look, with a working unit, and make sure my wife is not there with her negative comments "What the..... that thing is huge!" "THAT's what you WANT!"..... The working display unit will hopefully allow me a more definitive decision. If I was a business man I would have pulled the trigger on the Note, but as a personal phone I could not find a reason for carrying it around...yet!
    Quietly Thinking out Loud!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
    No, it's $69.99 + $10
    Ohh, gotcha. Thanks man.

Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

can you please post a pic of the note and the skyrocket next to each other??? i just got the skyrocket and i love it. i'm debating on whether i should switch to the Note. thanks
    nothing is impossible with Droid.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Sorry, I ditched the Note the other day. I swapped it with a coworker for another Skyrocket. Let me see if I have a comparison photo on my Skyrocket....

here's the closest I have:

Note vs iPhone 4

Note vs Pantech Burst (4" screen)

Thanked by:
    Jonneh 

Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

what made you go back to the skyrocket?
    nothing is impossible with Droid.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

The Skyrocket is just as fast, the screen looks just as good (in my everyday use) and it's a hell of a lot lighter. I'm all about using the latest and greatest, and using the Note didn't feel like a big leap forward compared to my Skyrocket. It's literally bigger, but it didn't feel like a new phone, just a bigger, heavier version of what I already had. I didn't need a bigger phone, but I was, of course, curious. I ordered the Galaxy Nexus the other night, and I am patiently awaiting it's arrival. I'll sell one of the Skyrockets, and move on from there.

So why did Europe get the Note with better hardware than the US.

yaaaaaap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by savagepagan View Post
    So why did Europe get the Note with better hardware than the US.
    LTE connection.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast