I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
20120215_140552.jpg

This thing is big.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Trying to visually compare the size of that vs the size of my Nexus, and the Note looks enormous.

I found the physical dimensions of the phone, and did my own mock-up, and while it's bigger, it doesn't actually look THAT much bigger. I could emulate the same feel by changing my DPI and the number of icons on the screen.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That's my picture, my phone. It's not from a pre-order though. That's all I'll say there. I can compare it to stuff if you want.

tmotytn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

It aint braggin if it's true...

On the phone size .com sight, I compared the Note next to the Dell Streak 5, which only seemed too large if you were holding it to your head to talk on...but the Streak seemed a little too long for its width---the Note appeared to be just a little bit shorter (on the website)...does it appear to proportioned a little better? If you've ever played with a Streak, I think you'll know what I'm trying to ask...

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to have a couple Dell Streaks, and I liked them. I got used to the form factor, but the Android 2.2 lockscreen gave me too much trouble on my device. It wouldn't slide to unlock, and would take upwards of 15 tries to get it to open. I ditched it and went to the Galaxy S. Now, with the Note, it feels better in the hand than the Streak did. It's not too wide, great for two-handed use.

I hate to say it, but it feels like a small tablet. It's not a starter for me. I'm still going to keep my Skyrocket for my main phone, and my work device will be the Note, at least for a little while. I was holding out to use the Note for a while before I decided on buying a GNex for myself. I think after using this, I'm gonna break down and buy a GNex in a month or two.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to the at&t store yesterday and they had a display unit for anyone to hold and get a sense of how it would feel in the hands.

Athough it was not a working unit, I'm convinced the Galaxy is Note is the phone to have. It's actually not as big as it may appear on Youtube or from others (mostly who have never touched the device) seem to imply. What blew me away more than the phone was the BIG cost of at&t's data and talk plans :(

I have no problem with the phone, but it may be the cost of service with at&t that's my biggest hurdle.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I went to the at&t store yesterday and they had a display unit for anyone to hold and get a sense of how it would feel in the hands.

Athough it was not a working unit, I'm convinced the Galaxy is Note is the phone to have. It's actually not as big as it may appear on Youtube or from others (mostly who have never touched the device) seem to imply. What blew me away more than the phone was the BIG cost of at&t's data and talk plans :(

I have no problem with the phone, but it may be the cost of service with at&t that's my biggest hurdle.

If you're comparing AT&T to Sprint, you can get 450 landline minutes, unlimited texting, unlimited calls to any cell phone (same as Sprint), and 3GB of data. The monthly cost for that would be the exact same, $90 per month. If you use things such as tethering or WiFi Hotspot, then that would drive you cost up to be more than what Sprint offers. For your average customer, it's the same. I understand that the "average customer" might not be your typical Android Central reader. We tend to be a little more than average.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe Sprint has dropped the +10 from their listings, and now just say $79.99 for unlimited data.

I find that Sprint's 3g speeds acceptable for email, web browsing, and general task when I'm out using my Epic Touch. For the heavy lifting data usage I'm usually at home or at another wifi hotspot so I'm not using 3g in those instances and data speeds are not a problem.

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy yesterday to see the Note. They had a non-working display unit, and I thought it fit well in my hand, it fit in my pocket as well, but awkward. I'm an active person, and have broken phone screens before, while in my pocket. Then I did the "up to the head test" I had to look around first to see if anybody was looking, it felt more awkward than the pocket test, and I'm not a walk around with a Bluetooth guy. I wanted to like it, so bad, but the pocket test and up to head test left me thinking twice. I will go back and have a second look, with a working unit, and make sure my wife is not there with her negative comments "What the..... that thing is huge!" "THAT's what you WANT!"..... The working display unit will hopefully allow me a more definitive decision. If I was a business man I would have pulled the trigger on the Note, but as a personal phone I could not find a reason for carrying it around...yet!

gdasilva16

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
can you please post a pic of the note and the skyrocket next to each other??? i just got the skyrocket and i love it. i'm debating on whether i should switch to the Note. thanks

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I ditched the Note the other day. I swapped it with a coworker for another Skyrocket. Let me see if I have a comparison photo on my Skyrocket....

here's the closest I have:

Note vs iPhone 4
20120215_200825.jpg

Note vs Pantech Burst (4" screen)
20120215_174642.jpg

20120215_135823.jpg

Reactions: Jonneh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member