Battery life

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay after reading all the online reviews of the Note and how great the battery life was, who is experiencing not so great battery life. I unplugged mine this morning at 9am and of right now at almost 8pm I'm down to 20%. How's everyone else experience with the Note and battery life so far?

flashram#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I left mine unplugged overnight to see what it would do. I took it off the charger at 3 a.m. and 100% battery. When I checked at 9:30 a.m. it was at 80%. Doesn't inspire great confidence if drops that much without even turning on the screen.

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm a little worried about the battery. I don't know what the reviewers were talking about when reviewing the US version.

Any other input from anyone else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

anida123

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup, same here. Usually get up at 7:30 and battery is already down to 70% by noon:-\

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Given the size of the screen on the Note, the battery life doesn't sound too bad so far.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
LTE is going to eat the battery more than my europeon version. I would suspect heavy use will net you 10 to 12 hours. My europeon version nets out 17 plus, but I don't have LTE

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
New phones are like getting new cars. We tend to use them alot more than normal when we first get them. So I always expect my battery life to suck for a little bit when I get a new one. That usually levels out in a week or two, and then its easier to tell what the long-term batt life is gonna be. Batt life seems better than my Skyrocket, but definitely not outstanding. I make sure I carry spare batts or a charger everywhere, no matter what phone it is anyway, so batt life is only a small factor to me.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro on my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I've rarely used my phone at all yesterday. Hopefully a few drains of the battery and full charges gets the battery just right. I should have gotten the UK version as I don't care to much for speed. LTE is not even available where I live yet and I'm always on wifi whether it's at home or at work. Maybe a return back to best buy and an order of the overseas model is the way to go.

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
But the US version does have nfc capability and the UK version doesn't. But isbthat something I need? I've read up on nfc and it's just something I think that's years away from ever seeing full functionality in our everyday lives.

What do you guys think. Keep American version for LTE and NFC. Or UK version for outstanding battery life?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The unlocked GSM version also has a better processor. If I remember correctly Alex's review of the international Note had good things to say about battery life. And performance. Actually other than the size I think he had nothing but good things to say about it. Might be worth a read if you're considering ordering one.

Before anybody says anything, the dual core Exynos is a powerhouse, even compared to a higher clocked dual core snapdragon.

skispeakeasy

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The UK processor is better. But unless you play 3D games you will never know the difference. 4G will be worth the wait when it goes live this summer. The iPhone claims better battery life too, but they are also 3G only. Being that the note has a gigantic battery it should be one of the greatest 4G phones on the market.

darthmemnoch

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding that its the data connection that is eating my battery. During work days I use heavily and as GPS often. Battery life sucks. At home I shut off data and use wifi only and I'm good for 14-15 hours of HEAVY use, minus the GPS of course.
My understanding is its the searching for LTE that's hurting me, and of course I'm not in one of the few markets with it yet.

sent from a gigantic phone

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
And how are you shutting off data. I wish there was a way to just run on 3G as I don't have lte either.

darthmemnoch

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
And how are you shutting off data. I wish there was a way to just run on 3G as I don't have lte either.

I downloaded a widget but its just a shortcut to one of the settings. Data Packets on or off. Off at home on wifi and battery life is excellent with near non stop use of some kind.
Out and about battery life is not good. No LTE here yet and my data is constantly shifting between HSPA (don't have any indication that its +) and UMTS.
Its either data packets on or off, no option yet to deactivate LTE only.

RJShaytoon

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a widget but its just a shortcut to one of the settings. Data Packets on or off. Off at home on wifi and battery life is excellent with near non stop use of some kind.
Out and about battery life is not good. No LTE here yet and my data is constantly shifting between HSPA (don't have any indication that its +) and UMTS.
Its either data packets on or off, no option yet to deactivate LTE only.

With data turned off, but connected to WiFi, do you get all your calls, texts, emails, notifications?

schrochem

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have data off you still get calls and texts (not mms though).
If you are new to 4G it's loves juice.
With the tbolt it was a constant struggle but one of the best things I did was get the app 2X battery.
It has tons of settings, but mainly it's used to turn on/off data automatically according to your needs.
If you don't need emails or other data immediately (notifications) it REALLY helps.
I realized I don't need that stuff immediately. I check my phone often enough to get it.
A nice feature is the delay. If you get a text, you can jump in and read it/respond before data is turned on. (you can set how long this delay is). This is really helpful for quick checks. Otherwise data gets turned on and it will take awhile to shut down again.
There is a notification for the app and you can turn it off at any time to activate data.
I have noticed that once I do that, all my email instantly gets checked (all are on push).
By what I hear about the battery for the Note, I think this app would make it last VERY long. For my usage it was a total necessity to make the Tbolt not have to be plugged in all the time.

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ive had mine for almost three weeks now and i love it, not sure how i did without something like this before but...

Battery life: about 14 hours a day for me, using two emails, a lot of texts and probably medium on phone calls, i leave wifi on all the time and i would say use it most of the time so that probably helps. LTE in my area is ok at work but not at home...should get better though as they expand it out. Switched from sprint so im getting better service already anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49