$13 Galaxy Note

TronaldTrump1978

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I paid a whopping $13 out of pocket for my note. I sold my Infuse on Ebay for $265. Bought my note from Best Buy. After taxes and $50 Phone Freedom discount, I paid $278.$278-$265=$13!! Will sell the free case on Ebay for thirty bucks. I might make something money this beautiful phone!

leicashot

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
You sold a phone outright then purchased one subsidized on contract. Not the same as paying $13 for the actual phone like you're implying.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome that you figured out a way to get the phone you want for so cheap. I wish I could be so lucky...I'm still under contract for another 17 months or so. :(

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
what's your backup phone? i like to keep my previous phone as a backup just in case my primary phone gets lost or stolen or broken. i don't want to be caught in a jam with no phone waiting for the store or be at the mercy of ebay or craigslist machinations nor do i want to have a gun to my head and be forced to by a phone i don't want for the price i don't want.

Last edited:

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
A few guys at work would do this by selling their phones on Craig's List. I've thought about it using my Inspire HD but I don't think I'd get much for it. Also, I'm still on contract thru May of 2013.

TronaldTrump1978

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
150.00 is great! You can't beat getting the best tech out for next to nothing or actually making money! This is the only way to do things. Best Buy was going to give me $65 for my Infuse. Put it on ebay and had it sold the same day.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
150.00 is great! You can't beat getting the best tech out for next to nothing or actually making money! This is the only way to do things. Best Buy was going to give me $65 for my Infuse. Put it on ebay and had it sold the same day.

Best Buy doesn't give what the phone is worth for trade-in IMHO.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

leicashot

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
You sold a phone outright then purchased one subsidized on contract. Not the same as paying $13 for the actual phone like you're implying.

Sorry no negativity intended.....I do the same thing to fund all my phones, but don't kid myself about what I'm paying or not paying for.....I guess we just keep on extending our contracts to carriers, but at least we get the toys we want.

All the best with the greatest phone on the planet

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I paid a whopping $13 out of pocket for my note. I sold my Infuse on Ebay for $265. Bought my note from Best Buy. After taxes and $50 Phone Freedom discount, I paid $278.$278-$265=$13!! Will sell the free case on Ebay for thirty bucks. I might make something money this beautiful phone!

Wow I didn't know the infuse was going for that much. I also upgraded from the infuse. I thought that phone was worth about $100 or $150 at most!

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
What are your tips for selling the Infuse for $265? :) I have the Infuse and I am seriously considering upgrading to the Note. Thanks to my wonderful wife who recently upgraded her phone, my upgrade date was bumped ahead from August 2012 to March 2012. AT&T has some weird formula for figuring out when a phone qualifies for upgrades. But I am not complaining.

Anyway, I have paid for the buy back program with Best Buy so I am guaranteed $220 from them as long as I sell the Infuse back by August. However, since I am rooted and using a custom ROM I would have to go through some lengthy steps to hide that. I would rather sell on eBay if there is a big market for rooted phones. Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Craigslist and Ebay. List it for $250 and see what happens. The Inspire 4G is still going for upwards of $200, and the Infuse is a much better phone.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I have checked out the Note at an AT&T store and I like it a lot. I will be upgrading to it very soon. Did you sell your Infuse rooted and did you list it that way in your auction (if you sold it via auction)? I would think it would be more valuable rooted but that's just me. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci