Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By nelonez
  • 1 Post By milominderbinde
  • 1 Post By my3chis
  • 1 Post By Carlesious
  • 1 Post By DAS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How popular is the Note

I know that Samsung has shipped at least a million Notes, but im curious as to how it's sales numbers compare to other popular smartphones.

Default Re: How popular is the Note

All the cool kids have one!

But seriously, I don't know the comparison numbers, but after having my note for almost a week, I can't imagine using anything else. I love everything about it so far.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I agree. Only I'm disappointed about so far, is the lack of nfc.

i love my galaxy note i havent been able to put it down... as soon as i do i pick it up again and start messing with it... lol... cant see myself going back to a smaller phone and ask myself "how can people have an iphone with its tiny screen?"
    ScandaLeX likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A million Notes...20 million galaxy s ii's.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlesious View Post
    I agree. Only I'm disappointed about so far, is the lack of nfc.

nfc kit for pretty much any android phone through this app/service.
    Get Moneto | Moneto

although it uses a seperate account for the funds, and there a lot of options to reload...but theres a fee to use $4.95 a month. Still good tho

Quote Originally Posted by jbsj207 View Post
    nfc kit for pretty much any android phone through this app/service.
    Get Moneto | Moneto

although it uses a seperate account for the funds, and there a lot of options to reload...but theres a fee to use $4.95 a month. Still good tho
    ahh my bad. The note isnt on the list of supported devices. :/

went into my at&t store last night to get a case for my note and asked the rep. if they have sold alot of notes, she said not really but alot of people have been checking it out.

I know that Samsung has shipped at least a million Notes, but im curious as to how it's sales numbers compare to other popular smartphones.
    Samsung said that they sold over a million Notes in 3 months.

The Galaxy S II line sells 5 million a quarter with models for ATT, Sprint, another ATT, TM, Verizon, Korea, and at least 6 others.

The Note is a huge hit. Watch as Samsung finally rolls it out to other carriers.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    ScandaLeX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

The Note is a huge hit. Watch as Samsung finally rolls it out to other carriers.
    That is what I am waiting for. I refuse to change AT&T.
    ScandaLeX likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Over 2 million sold. :-)
    He123321 likes this.

Just curious...how many of you that own the Note hold it up to your ear when making/taking calls? Do most of you use bluetooth and/or speakerphone? I actually really like the Note, I am a fan of Samsung devices overall, and have an upgrade in a few months, and just am not sure if the size is a bit too big to use as an actual phone. The sales clerk at a Best Buy let me try one and see how it fits in my pocket, and although I am a small dude, it still did not feel that big in my pocket. I thought for sure it would feel ridiculously big, and that would be a deal-breaker, but not the case.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I dont often use my phone to make calls, I text way more than call. The few calls I have made, I put the phone up to my head and it doesn't feel awkward. I have a bluetooth, but I don't talk enough to actually use it.

I dont often use my phone to make calls, I text way more than call. The few calls I have made, I put the phone up to my head and it doesn't feel awkward. I have a bluetooth, but I don't talk enough to actually use it.
    That's the same for me basically...my actual phone calls are minimal, maybe once or twice a day. I'm really warming up to this device. I may have to think seriously about the Note, or whatever Verizon's version would be called if they get it.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Just curious...how many of you that own the Note hold it up to your ear when making/taking calls? Do most of you use bluetooth and/or speakerphone? I actually really like the Note, I am a fan of Samsung devices overall, and have an upgrade in a few months, and just am not sure if the size is a bit too big to use as an actual phone. The sales clerk at a Best Buy let me try one and see how it fits in my pocket, and although I am a small dude, it still did not feel that big in my pocket. I thought for sure it would feel ridiculously big, and that would be a deal-breaker, but not the case.
    Like many people these days, I don't talk on my phone much. But I had a rare 30 minute phone conversation a couple of nights ago and held the phone up to my head for the entire time with a couple of hand switches and it was no problem. If I happen to be out walking and listening to music on my phone, I'll use the wired headset if a call comes through. But otherwise, I just hold it like a traditional phone.
    DAS

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    I have had no problem holding the phone to my head to make or receive calls. The funny thing about this phone that once you use it everyday the size of the phone drifts from your awareness.

I mean, I look at this screen and while it's larger than any other phone I've used, it doesn't appear excessive. It seems quickly blends into the normal phone usage like any other device.

Many people who have only used the phone for a short period of time (often with a preconcieved negative opinion), are hard on the Note's size. In fact, even most At&t and Best Buy reps spend waaaaaaay too much time feeling like they have to apologize for its size. The truth is; the size of the phone is what makes it amazing to me, and worth the price I paid.

Carrying an Epic Touch GS2 and Tab 7.0 Plus are no longer necessary. When I leave the house I leave with one device that is capable of performing every task those two devices were doing.
    corymcnutt likes this.

to me the whole thing of the note being to big gets blown out proportion,sure it's bigger then the other phones out there and when you first see it yes it seems huge, but I'm 5'3" 130lbs and I have absolutely no problems with the size,yes I had to adjust slightly how I use it but I use it just like I have all my other phones and after just over a week of having the note it's already starting to feel small.I'm sure the notes not for everyone but I think for most if you give it a day or so you would realize it's fine.
    Titanium Note 2
    prior phones(note,skyrocket,vivid,atrix,aria,backflip)

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I've carried a Streak 5 for a year and a half so size wasn't an issue. Never use Bluetooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

ROM

Honestly, the first few times it felt weird, particularly coming from iPhone4, but you soon get over the size an I don't know if it's the LTE or what, but calls are much clearer with the Note then previous owned 4. I'm quite pleased with the Note.

After using this phone for one week, i have no desire to use ANYTHING smaller. It fits the hand, has awesome purchase in the hand, and is easy to hold to the ear. The phone is the bomb!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

This thread is about popularity of the note, lets keep it on track.

I think the Note will be a tremendous success. I am spoiled by it and will never go back to a smaller phone. This thing is just too useful and informative, no matter what you are looking at.

Everyone who sees mine loves it. You can't compare the Note to the SGS2. The Note has limited carriers at this point, and thus limited distribution, thus limited PR from users. It is doing famously for the exposure it has, and it will only increase.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Naturally the screen gets all the attention but the Note is actually a great "telephone". Coming from a Skyrocket, this is no small thing since it was always an adventure making a call on the SR. I had a ip4 before that and call quality is at least equal to it, if not better. I no longer have to look down to see if I am still connected!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note LTE™