iPhone 4s to note potentially in my near future

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a hard decision for sure. I hope you are able to swing it somehow. This is truly an amazing phone.

I've had mine since launch day on Feb.19 and I cannot even imagine ever using a smaller screen; my problem is the cost of service on At&T :(

You get used to the screen size almost immediately, and everything else seems so small.

I came from a Epic Touch GS2, but the extra screen size makes almost every task so much easier. Let us know what you decide.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
All I have to do is convince my wife. She bought me an iPad a few weeks back though so the chances are slim that she'd let me get a new phone on top of that but I do have a partial upgrade and AT&T telesales said I could get the Note for $399.99. Idk what to do :(
It's posts like this that makes me glad I'm single! The only one I've gotta ask if I want to buy something is me, & I always say yes! LOL

-
I am here: Google Maps

Smidgerine

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
there is a thread on slickdeals to get 50% off. If you are out of contract, you can sign up as a new line, although you might have to change numbers. That's what I did to get mine for 150. Can't wait for it to come today!!!!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my note 150 by going back to best buy and getting a price match. I don't think the they're doing it anymore though. I wouldn't pay 399 for the Note. There's no telling if price might come down a bit if you wait for your upgrade.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Currently i have an Infuse on ATT and a G-Nex on VZW. I went by the store last week thinking I would be wow'd by the note and I just wasn't. In fact, I was dissapointed by the fact that I was disappointed by the note. :'(

The lack of ICS and the 4 touch buttons at the bottom, I just felt like it was an upsized Infuse with Dual core and why should I spend $300 on it. Anyone who has one know something I'm missing?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Currently i have an Infuse on ATT and a G-Nex on VZW. I went by the store last week thinking I would be wow'd by the note and I just wasn't. In fact, I was dissapointed by the fact that I was disappointed by the note. :'(

The lack of ICS and the 4 touch buttons at the bottom, I just felt like it was an upsized Infuse with Dual core and why should I spend $300 on it. Anyone who has one know something I'm missing?

Didn't know before you went to the store that The Note didn't have ICS yet? The dedicated home button is only on the international version, but that's been true since its release across the ocean late last year. State side print and tv advertising of The Note, shows 4 touch buttons at the bottom. Did you not know this already?

Personally, I had been waiting for this phone, and I suspect many others also, since it was announced back in September. In fact, on this very website there has been talk about The Note along with a variety of other Samsung high-end handsets that will receive ICS hopefully sometime during the first or second quarter of the year. I don't think anyone was confused about this who decided to purchase G-Note.

What makes the G-Note unique to me, and worth the full purchase price of $650 that I paid, is the fact I only need to carry one device. Prior to owning the G-Note I carried an Epic Touch GS2, and a Tab 7.0 plus around each day. Now, I just carry my G-Note.

It truly is an all-in-one device that eliminates the need for multiple devices. When you consider the price of a high end phone & tablet in comparison to the one device G-Note the difference is very small. Again, this is just my opinion.

But it seems to me that you could have saved yourself a trip to the store if the only complaint you have about the device are the two most commonly known facts that you could have discovered by just viewing any Youtube video or watching any G-Note commercial.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know before you went to the store that The Note didn't have ICS yet? The dedicated home button is only on the international version, but that's been true since its release across the ocean late last year. State side print and tv advertising of The Note, shows 4 touch buttons at the bottom. Did you not know this already?

Personally, I had been waiting for this phone, and I suspect many others also, since it was announced back in September. In fact, on this very website there has been talk about The Note along with a variety of other Samsung high-end handsets that will receive ICS hopefully sometime during the first or second quarter of the year. I don't think anyone was confused about this who decided to purchase G-Note.

What makes the G-Note unique to me, and worth the full purchase price of $650 that I paid, is the fact I only need to carry one device. Prior to owning the G-Note I carried an Epic Touch GS2, and a Tab 7.0 plus around each day. Now, I just carry my G-Note.

It truly is an all-in-one device that eliminates the need for multiple devices. When you consider the price of a high end phone & tablet in comparison to the one device G-Note the difference is very small. Again, this is just my opinion.

But it seems to me that you could have saved yourself a trip to the store if the only complaint you have about the device are the two most commonly known facts that you could have discovered by just viewing any Youtube video or watching any G-Note commercial.

Here are some bullet points for your clarification:

- Yes I already knew about these two issues with the device. They were even bigger issues when I was holding it in my hand.

- Since I have two phone accounts I will always be carrying two devices. (Not to mention that I have Unlimited LTE data on VZW and ATT is nowhere near launching LTE here, plus I have a 2GB limit.

- My biggest disappointment with the device wasn't these two factors, rather it was the fact that the device failed to differentiate itself in any way from the two I already have, apart from it's large size.

- The question is, What (other than the size) makes it worth blowing $300 on?

- Oh and I already have a 10" tablet, so that's money that I won't be getting back by buying a Note. But that's beside the point.

- Yes I have been eagerly awaiting it's release and have never been confused. I think I was a little too eager, and then when I used the device I didn't feel that it lived up to the hype.

What i was hoping for was for somebody to tell me something i didn't know about how it completes something that no other phone has on a daily basis for them. Apart from just being larger.

BTW, I drive past an ATT store on the way to and from work every day, so I have zero concerns about "saving a trip".

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Here are some bullet points for your clarification:

- Yes I already knew about these two issues with the device. They were even bigger issues when I was holding it in my hand.

- Since I have two phone accounts I will always be carrying two devices. (Not to mention that I have Unlimited LTE data on VZW and ATT is nowhere near launching LTE here, plus I have a 2GB limit.

- My biggest disappointment with the device wasn't these two factors, rather it was the fact that the device failed to differentiate itself in any way from the two I already have, apart from it's large size.

- The question is, What (other than the size) makes it worth blowing $300 on?

- Oh and I already have a 10" tablet, so that's money that I won't be getting back by buying a Note. But that's beside the point.

- Yes I have been eagerly awaiting it's release and have never been confused. I think I was a little too eager, and then when I used the device I didn't feel that it lived up to the hype.

What i was hoping for was for somebody to tell me something i didn't know about how it completes something that no other phone has on a daily basis for them. Apart from just being larger.

BTW, I drive past an ATT store on the way to and from work every day, so I have zero concerns about "saving a trip".

It's got an S-PEN, LOL!! GALAXY NOTE, FTW!!

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
It's got an S-PEN, LOL!! GALAXY NOTE, FTW!!

LOL

I really do want the product line to be successful for continued development of the 5+ inch phones.

And yes, I tried texting on it one handed and was successful. How small was the guy's hand who said he couldn't use the G-nex one handed?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

The whole point of the G-Note is its "being larger." The large 5.3 screen allows, in my opinion, a better viewing experience when reading and responding to email; browsing web pages; reading books using the Kindle or Nook app; playing games; or streaming video via Youtube or Netflix.

In my opinion, you have to actually use the device for a day or so before you can fully actually appreciate the value of the larger screen size. A demo unit in the store doesn't allow the opportunity to engage the device like it requires.

I personally knew I wanted this device, and like you said, I too already knew about the lack of ICS and the placement of the 4touch buttons at the bottom. I still have my account with Sprint before making my final decision, but in order to give the device a true demo in "my world" I needed to buy the device, take it home, kick the tires, and see if it truly provided value for my experience.

I am about 2 weeks in, since I got mine on launch day, and I can tell you that after actually owning the device I cannot imagine using any other phone. The S-Pen technology is amazing in it's own right, and only adds an extra level of features and convenience that no other phone on the market can provide.

Using the S-Pen, I can simply jot down in my own handwriting "Dinner tonight @ 6pm" tap a button and that handwritten note is recognized by the phone and added to my calendar as an appointment. No other phone I am aware of can do this.

I can go into a meeting, which I'm about to do in a few minutes, and instead of carrying a pen, paper, phone, and tablet, I can now just carry the G-Note for everything I need. The other day I took notes during a meeting in my own handwriting and after the meeting uploaded the notes, based on the calendar event, directly to Evernote all within a few seconds. No other phone could do that.

My colleagues were amazed by this, and can't stop asking me "what is that?" When I tell them it's a G-Note they immediately recognize it from the recent commercials and are impressed.

This afternoon I sent my wife a handwritten text message with a hand drawn heart, and she was quite happy. She replied immediately with "WOW!"

These are just a few things that seperate the G-Note for me. But I understand it's not for everybody. No phone or device is. But for me, the large screen, the S-Pen technology, and the fact that I no longer have to carry mulitple devices is going to be enough to convince me to keep this device after the 30 day trial period you get with At&T.

Reactions: lpt2569

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The whole point of the G-Note is its "being larger." The large 5.3 screen allows, in my opinion, a better viewing experience when reading and responding to email; browsing web pages; reading books using the Kindle or Nook app; playing games; or streaming video via Youtube or Netflix.

In my opinion, you have to actually use the device for a day or so before you can fully actually appreciate the value of the larger screen size. A demo unit in the store doesn't allow the opportunity to engage the device like it requires.

I personally knew I wanted this device, and like you said, I too already knew about the lack of ICS and the placement of the 4touch buttons at the bottom. I still have my account with Sprint before making my final decision, but in order to give the device a true demo in "my world" I needed to buy the device, take it home, kick the tires, and see if it truly provided value for my experience.

I am about 2 weeks in, since I got mine on launch day, and I can tell you that after actually owning the device I cannot imagine using any other phone. The S-Pen technology is amazing in it's own right, and only adds an extra level of features and convenience that no other phone on the market can provide.

Using the S-Pen, I can simply jot down in my own handwriting "Dinner tonight @ 6pm" tap a button and that handwritten note is recognized by the phone and added to my calendar as an appointment. No other phone I am aware of can do this.

I can go into a meeting, which I'm about to do in a few minutes, and instead of carrying a pen, paper, phone, and tablet, I can now just carry the G-Note for everything I need. The other day I took notes during a meeting in my own handwriting and after the meeting uploaded the notes, based on the calendar event, directly to Evernote all within a few seconds. No other phone could do that.

My colleagues were amazed by this, and can't stop asking me "what is that?" When I tell them it's a G-Note they immediately recognize it from the recent commercials and are impressed.

This afternoon I sent my wife a handwritten text message with a hand drawn heart, and she was quite happy. She replied immediately with "WOW!"

These are just a few things that seperate the G-Note for me. But I understand it's not for everybody. No phone or device is. But for me, the large screen, the S-Pen technology, and the fact that I no longer have to carry mulitple devices is going to be enough to convince me to keep this device after the 30 day trial period you get with At&T.

That's the answer I'm talking about. Thank you.

On a side note, all my meetings are on the phone and my colleagues are in other states. Thank doG. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel